Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by 95Sleeper:
Volume has nothing to do with pressure in a car oil system. Pressure is controlled by the pump

Exactly.

~~~

Also to answer the next possible question oil aeration is not an issue with 6.5 qts. (see above post)

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by 95Sleeper:
Volume has nothing to do with pressure in a car oil system. Pressure is controlled by the pump

Exactly.

~~~

Also to answer the next possible question oil aeration is not an issue with 6.5 qts. (see above post)

Yes and No on that one guys. If you have no volume of oil to pump..... the pump will cavitate and you'll have NO FLOW! Pressure is not controlled by the pump. Pressure is created by resistance to flow. Pumps pump oil NOT pressure. Flow makes it go!!Sorry guys hydraulics 101 just had to add that.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
Pressure is created by resistance to flow. Pumps pump oil NOT pressure.

thats the way i was taught.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
is that accusump mounted where the cabin air filter goes?

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
My response was to the fact that the extra .2 to .7 quarts of oil "volume" would have no effect on "over-pressurizing" seals and gaskets.

The oil pump moves the oil and the extra volume in the pan does not change the "pressure" of the oil pump.

Changing oil viscosity was never brought up nor was physically running out of oil.

H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
oil aeration is not an issue with 6.5 qts.

Just out of curiosity at what point does it become an issue? Somewhere before 7 qts?

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Is there a reason why no one seems to use the sandwich adapter for the accusump? Is it because you have the SVT oil cooler is there? I was thinking about just putting a sandwich adapter on there and teeing it to a cooler and an accusump.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by hetfield:
Just out of curiosity at what point does it become an issue? Somewhere before 7 qts?

With the windage tray the oil level would have to rise above the tray. That would take over 7 qts of oil remaining in the pan itself.

The issue would be low rpm and cornering once you started seriously raising the oil level. When the engine is at moderate rpm level or higher the oil pan level is significantly lower then the windage tray. At high rpm it is dangerously bordering on empty if the cold oil level is less then 6 qts.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by hmouta:
is that accusump mounted where the cabin air filter goes?

Yes

Originally posted by ottawanker:
Is there a reason why no one seems to use the sandwich adapter for the accusump? Is it because you have the SVT oil cooler is there? I was thinking about just putting a sandwich adapter on there and teeing it to a cooler and an accusump.

Exactly correct on why the sandwich adapter is infrequently used. Adding the sandwich adapter with the SVT oil cooler creates space issues for the filter.

87 Mustang GT 5.0L TURBO
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
At high rpm it is dangerously bordering on empty if the cold oil level is less then 6 qts.

Someone along time ago tested this on a dyno. I dont remeber how and i cant remeber who it was. Im sure this is what your refering to. It was years ago. But it was posted.
iirc there was less than .5 quart in the pan at anything above 6k
Thats kinda scary.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard