Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 47 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 46 47
#1251542 06/22/05 04:11 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Well, I understand everyone notices how bad the officiating is. However, in such a big game like this, officiating should be precise and lighter. I hope for game 7, these refs let these two teams go at it. I'm not saying no calls, but precise and justified calls.

Like when you see Hunter run into Duncan head first and get knocked out and not get a call, that's ridiculous. And yes, perhaps I'm more prone to notice things for the Pistons, becuase I'm a fan. However, I saw the same exact scenario in the 4th quarter with I think it was Bowen, who ran into Wallace when he posted up, and got knocked down. There's posting up, but when you add a little shoulder and knock a guy down, that's an obvious foul.

Also, Dave, c'mon man, you should know better! You're seeing a bad sampling frame and making an observation. Most Pistons fans don't think that the respect is long overdue. It's just obvious that team won the championship last year and got this far this year, what more respect do you need from that?

However, I will say this...I just flipped on Sport Center, and they stated, "In a time for the Spurs to win, they failed to do so." Hmmm....why not, "Under all adversity, the Pistons pulled off a critical win." I'm not going to say anything, but I find the media doing this often and find it a bit uncanny. I guess it's because they are the underdogs, even though they won a championship, sealed the deal in the East, and have contested everything the Spurs have done! Whatever, though...it should be a helluva game 7, regardless of who wins, just good basketball to watch!
(Go Pistons! )

99 Black Contour SE Sport
#1251543 06/22/05 04:15 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Corbett:
Do I really have to answer this?

Yes.

Originally posted by Davo:
The "everybody's picking on me" act gets old after a while.

Who is engaged in that act?

Roger, for one, as well as a LARGE PORTION of Pistons Nation. The whole "We don't get no respect" thing is laughable if Rodney Dangerfield isn't saying it.

#1251544 06/22/05 04:18 PM
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M

Roger, for one, as well as a LARGE PORTION of Pistons Nation.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
#1251545 06/22/05 04:25 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Roger, for one, as well as a LARGE PORTION of Pistons Nation. The whole "We don't get no respect" thing is laughable if Rodney Dangerfield isn't saying it.

Actually I haven't heard one person say anoyone is "picking on us" However, I have hear people complain about unfair calls and the media being biased towards the Spurs. Which both are absolutely true.

And to answer your question, YOU are the one who is anti Detroit/Pistons. You've made that very clear in your past posts.

- Tim
#1251546 06/22/05 04:31 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
Also, Dave, c'mon man, you should know better! You're seeing a bad sampling frame and making an observation. Most Pistons fans don't think that the respect is long overdue. It's just obvious that team won the championship last year and got this far this year, what more respect do you need from that?

Exactly! Just win and STFU!!! Don't win, and then complain about not getting respect. What does it matter to Pistons fans if Bill Walton or Hubie Davis like them or not? I'm a White Sox fan, and despite them being 26 games over .500 with the best record in baseball and steamrolling pretty much everyone, the Yankees and Red Sox dominate the first 20 minutes of Baseball Tonight and the headlines every day. Am I complaining about a 'lack of respect'? No, I don't care if John Kruk or Tim Kirkjian don't give them their 'due respect'. I'll enjoy the wins and hope they continue, and tune the media out in the process.

#1251547 06/22/05 04:42 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Actually I haven't heard one person say anoyone is "picking on us" However, I have hear people complain about unfair calls and the media being biased towards the Spurs. Which both are absolutely true.

What was your sample? Was there fair representation? Show proof of your statistical validity!

And to answer your question, YOU are the one who is anti Detroit/Pistons. You've made that very clear in your past posts.

You must have based that off of these posts:

Everyone's insistence that SA has this in the bag seems halfway ridiculous. Yeah, it's two games in San Antonio, but if they can somehow steal Game 6 then they have the momentum and place the pressure on San Antonio going into Game 7. They've proven they can win crucial games on the road (Game 7 vs. Miami), so I don't think it's a complete lock for the Spurs. Plus with everyone saying they're certain to win, the Spurs may take this game for granted. History can show what happens when teams do that. I think Popp is better than to let that happen to his team, but we'll have to see for sure.

Pistons played a hell of a game too. Ben Wallace was spectacular.

I don't hate the Pistons, but their fans are rather tiresome. If we had Spurs fans in here being ridiculous, they'd also get called out.

#1251548 06/22/05 04:46 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Bah I dont have time to go back and re-read this whole thread but just go back and look at all your other posts about Pistons fans being bandwagoners and complainers and they will never beat the Heat, oh wait, they will get crushed by the Spurs, oh wait, this is a good matchup.

Quote:

I don't hate the Pistons, but their fans are rather tiresome. If we had Spurs fans in here being ridiculous, they'd also get called out.

And could it be that 50% of the people who post here are from Michigan? You only hear it from us because we are the majority.

- Tim
#1251549 06/22/05 04:50 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I picked the Heat to win that series, but I'm not sure I ever said the Pistons would never beat them. Also, I never said the Spurs would crush the Pistons. I think I picked the Spurs in 6, and that's far from a crushing.

But I did say the Pistons fans are bandwagoners and complainers. This thread has done well to prove that.

#1251550 06/22/05 04:52 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
But I did say the Pistons fans are bandwagoners and complainers. This thread has done well to prove that.

Bandwagoners! What a joke! Yo've got to be kidding me!

- Tim
#1251551 06/22/05 04:58 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Nope. It's been statistically proven in this forum before.

Page 42 of 47 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard