Print Thread
Page 36 of 47 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 46 47
#1251482 06/20/05 12:42 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Newmadamus:
It was a good game. I can't believe they allowed Horry to get off so many uncontested shots.

No doubt. Sheed effed up big time. He should have been on Horry big time. When that guy gets going, he's almost perfect. I mean, the guy has made a career of making clutch 3's. I think Sheed is going to be kicking himself over this one (it most likely ended them losing the series). Also, Rip...wtf? Why on earth would he take that shot? He was inconsistent the entire night, he shouldn't have been selfish and should have passed it to someone else, i.e. prince. LB also should have also put Antonio in for Sheed. Many grave errs at clutch times.

99 Black Contour SE Sport
#1251483 06/20/05 01:40 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I want to get a GIF of Horry Shawn Bradley-izing Rip Hamilton. I still can't believe he did that.

As for the series, I wouldn't exactly count the Pistons out. The Spurs really need to wrap it up in Game 6, or they risk 'anything happening' in Game 7. I'm just glad there will be no more games in Detroit. I was often confused about whether I was watching a late-80s hip-hop show or the NBA Finals. They really need to tell that Mason guy to STFU sometimes.

Last edited by Davo; 06/20/05 01:42 PM.
#1251484 06/20/05 01:41 PM
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Wow. That's the series I expected right there. The entire game they were tied or within a few points, then OT (which almost didn't happen had Duncan put that last shot in) and then to win it by 1 off a 3-pt shot. I don't care who won -- that was a helluva game right there...

I think its a sealed-deal, tho. I do not think the Pistons can win 2 at the SBC Center -- especially since SA only lost 3 games the entire season at home.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
#1251485 06/20/05 02:40 PM
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by Davo:
One word: TomOsborneScottFrostAhmanGreenGrantWistromJasonPeter

Crushed? No. Good game between the two? Yes.

Oh, who the [censored] is Tim Crouch?

Go Blow.

One word...Tom Brady! He was drafted in the 5th round, and now look at him Who in the hell is Scott Frost, Jack Frosts cousin or something Your coach was a good one, but how about all those convicts on the team, you guys were like the Oakland Raiders of the NCAA!

Now onto the basketball game last night. "Will Smith" was awesome, no points at the half, then 3 in the 3rd and then he just blew up! That dunk where he hurt his arm, was one of the most awesome, meaningful dunks I've ever seen, WOW! I just wished we could've finished one drive of the last two and thank God there was no time on the clock when Rasheed pulled a C. Webb (yes, he's a Michigan guy Davo, I know)

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
#1251486 06/20/05 03:01 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
One word...Tom Brady! He was drafted in the 5th round, and now look at him Who in the hell is Scott Frost, Jack Frosts cousin or something

Scott Frost was a far better college football player than Tom Brady.

Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
thank God there was no time on the clock when Rasheed pulled a C. Webb (yes, he's a Michigan guy Davo, I know)

C. Webb is/was one of my favorite players. I was definitely on the Wolverine bandwagon that year. I've been rooting for the Kings/C Webb for the last few years (well, not anymore I guess) because I think Webber has always deserved more than he got in that game.

#1251487 06/20/05 03:22 PM
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Quote:

Scott Frost was a far better college football player than Tom Brady.

I guess we'll agree to disagree there, but how about when it counts, in the NFL and on the biggest stage, the playoffs and the Super Bowl. Lets not forget what Tom Brady did to the NUMBER ONE defense in the NFL last year in the playoffs! He only put up FORTY ONE points on them, thats all and the #1 offense, Payton Manning, who am sure you think is far better QB than Tom Brady, mustarded up a whole THREE points when it counted the most Please, more U of M players go on to greatness in the NFL than Huskers. BTW, your "one word" answer" back a couple posts, typical

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
#1251488 06/20/05 03:44 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Are you really trying to argue that Tom Brady was a better college football player than Scott Frost because Tom Brady single-handedly (all by himself, without any help form his teammates ) scored 41 points in the Super Bowl last season?

I probably wouldn't say too many Michigan players 'went on to greatness' in the NFL, but even if they did I'm not sure what that has to do with Scott Frost being a better college football player than Tom Brady.

#1251489 06/20/05 09:09 PM
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by Davo:
Are you really trying to argue that Tom Brady was a better college football player than Scott Frost because Tom Brady single-handedly (all by himself, without any help form his teammates ) scored 41 points in the Super Bowl last season?

I probably wouldn't say too many Michigan players 'went on to greatness' in the NFL, but even if they did I'm not sure what that has to do with Scott Frost being a better college football player than Tom Brady.

Scott Frost was a better RB than Tom Brady, no doubt about it but Brady was as superior as a passer as Frost was as a runner. Remember when the Husker fans almost ran the poor kid off campus for losing 2 games his first year as a starter? Yeah, me too. Anyway, Brady had more total yards and 34 TDs between rushing and receiving (excluding bowl games)...ok ok, i'll give you Frost as a better College player because he did have a few more TDs.

BTW, just for fun here are some stats to think about comparing the first 4 (as a starter) years of Favre's career to Brady's.

Favre:
W/L: 38-25
Comp/Att/%: 1342/2145 63%
TD/Int: 108/64
Rushes/Yds/TDs: 186/797 7

Brady:
W/L: 48-15
Comp/Att/%: 1242/2015 62%
TD/Int: 97/52
Rush/Yds/TDs: 163/244/2

Playoffs:
Farve:
W/L: 4/3
Comp/Att/%: 150/246 61%
TD/Int: 12/6
Rushes/Yds/TDs: 15/32/0

Brady:
W/L: 9-0
Comp/Att/%: 190/304
TD/Int: 11/3
Rushes/Yds/TDs: 27/43/2

I think it would be perfectly legitimate to say that Brady is obviously a better QB than Farve at the same points in their careers. If you pull out the "Stats aren't everything", Brady also has that "he just wins" thing going for him, he is a better playoff performer, and so far, doesn't seem to get hurt.

Anyway, go PISTONS!

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1251490 06/20/05 09:25 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Damn, here you go with the Brady vs. Favre junk again. Let me guess, Rip Hamilton is the second coming of Magic Johnson?

Keep in mind Favre, with the help of Holmgren and White, resurrected a legendary football franchise. He's also played consistently well throughout his entire career. I guess you could say Brady has ridden his team's momentum further than Favre did by his fourth year, but KurtWarneritis could hit Brady anytime, and Favre is forever immune from it. Keep fantasizing though, it's very entertaining.

#1251491 06/20/05 11:22 PM
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
"Magic" Johnson is the greatest player...EVER! IMO and please don't come around here talking about Jordan either In his ROOKIE year, Magic played guard, forward and center, try that Jordan! Nobody here in the D is going to say that "Rip" is the second coming of anyone, remember Davo, we've had our share of hall of fame guards here in the past 20 years (Isiah and Joe D) and nobody on the roster right now is on their level IMO. As far as the football comments, I don't know how you can say that U of M players haven't gone on to that much greatness:

-Desmond Howard...Super Bowl MVP
-Tom Brady...enough said
-Ty Law...shut down corner
-Ammani Toomer...solid reciever
-Elvis Gurbc
-Tyrone Weatly
-Braylon Edwards...yes I know he hasn't even caught one yet
-A.C.
-Charles Woodson..."greatest player in the country, stand before you now!"
-tons of lineman

Lets check out Michigan at the end of the year for the upcoming season, undeated

Page 36 of 47 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard