Page 29 of 47 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 46 47
#1251412 06/15/05 01:47 PM
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Davo:
Originally posted by MxRacerCamXXXL:
ok, apparently i need to clarify. what do you think of the correlation between those two officials and the w-l record of the pistons?

I think it's a conspiracy by those two refs to prevent the Pistons from winning.

Last I checked, there were three refs at each game. I could be wrong though.

there certainly are, but don't all three have the ability to call fouls at their total discretion?

and it's certainly not out of the realm of possibilities that there are two refs who either don't like the pistons, or have some alterior motives in their officiating. likely? certainly not. possible? absolutely. i think it's safe to say corruption exists everywhere, especially in professional sports.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
#1251413 06/15/05 01:59 PM
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
a quick google search on dan crawford revealed...

from lang whitaker...

"In my SI.com column the other day, I linked to this thing Mark Cuban had on his weblog that was a list of the Mavs records against the T-Wolves when various NBA refs were officiating. According to Cuban, the Mavs were 0-6 when Danny Crawford (a.k.a. Kwesi Mfume) was one of the refs."

slam.canoe.ca...

"So why did New York win the series? The Heat blamed the referees -- for a controversial call at the end, a disparity in free throws and even the disputed foul that helped the Knicks pull out Game 6.

"They had three officials in their pocket," Mashburn said. "You can print that. I don't care if I get fined or not."

New York's 83-82 victory Sunday in Game 7 eliminated Miami from the playoffs in a winner-take-all game for the third year in a row.

In 1999 the Heat's season ended when Allan Houston's last-second shot bounced the Knicks' way. This season ended with Mashburn chasing after referees Dick Bavetta, Dan Crawford and Bennett Salvatore and shouting insults as they left the court. "

in regards to the nuggets playing S.A.... maybe he's an S.A. guy at heart....

"While the Nuggets don�t thrive playing in low-scoring games like this one, they did what they had to do to get in position to win. They did a tremendous job on the interior keeping Tim Duncan in check, holding him to 11 points on porous 5-of-19 shooting and 11 rebounds. They forced 15 turnovers, blocked 8 shots, and tallied 20 fast-break points. They even overcame some brutal officiating on the part of Dan Crawford (easily one of the five worst referees in the game) and Leon Wood (one of the three worst, with only Violet Palmer and Steve Javie ranking ahead)."

just some quick food for thought.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
#1251414 06/15/05 02:01 PM
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
About time the Pistons won a game. They looked pretty good. Maybe they have a chance afterall...

#1251415 06/15/05 02:05 PM
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D

I saw a fan holding up a sign that said Con-SPUR-acy. Please, you guys really need to get over it.

Are you are saying is you would prefer going to a game with a bunch of objective onlookers rather than fans? Come on, fanatics are just that and should be. That shows passion for the game. The fact that it made it on TV is just the media propogating it which can only help the NBA. Why do you care so much about "bandwagon" fans and circumstances like this?

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1251416 06/15/05 02:12 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I wouldn't think anything of it if the sign didn't reflect what a large portion of the Pistons' fan base thinks.

#1251417 06/15/05 02:16 PM
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
I wouldn't think anything of it if the sign didn't reflect what a large portion of the Pistons' fan base thinks.

it does? when did you conduct this poll? what were the results?

#1251418 06/15/05 02:19 PM
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
You guys need to realize that the Spurs are a team that gets to the foul line EVERY GAME. That's like having a whole seperate offensive player on the team -- its just what they do, they draw the contact and get ppl in foul trouble, all while going to the line constantly.

I figured Detroit was going to win this one, they were down 2 games, and back home. Don't expect the Spurs to lay down though, Pop will light a fire under their asses, and I'm betting on the next one going to the Spurs.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
#1251419 06/15/05 02:22 PM
D
D
Originally posted by MxRacerCamXXXL:

it does? when did you conduct this poll? what were the results?

I was typing this same response at the same time. Does that mean we were stereotyping like Davo?

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1251420 06/15/05 02:23 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Are you a part of the Pistons fan base? I think you and others who have participated in this thread reflect the base well. Plus, I've read and heard plenty of comments from both professionals and fans that suggest Pistons fans believe there is, in fact, a Vast Ref Wing Conspiracy.

#1251421 06/15/05 02:25 PM
D
D
Are you a part of the Pistons fan base? I think you and others who have participated in this thread reflect the base well. Plus, I've read and heard plenty of comments from both professionals and fans that suggest Pistons fans believe there is, in fact, a Vast Ref Wing Conspiracy.

And you are like almost all non-Pistons fans, always against us! Holding up your anti-Ref-Wing conspiracy sign. BTW, that was a good effort on your part.

Page 29 of 47 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard