Print Thread
Page 26 of 47 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 46 47
#1251382 06/13/05 07:42 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by snakous:
He really didn't even come close to breaking his arm, it was a clean block and he hit his arm on the follow-through. While I wouldn't have flipped out like he did, he had every right to be upset. About 90% of plays where it is blocked and then contact is made after the block are no-calls.

Clean block??? What game were you watching? In basketball, a clean block is getting only ball, not getting the ball first. I don't think Rasheed got the ball in the first place, but even if he did, the follow through took Ginobili out of the play, which is a foul. He should have gotten a technical on that play also.

#1251383 06/13/05 07:44 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
He got the ball, but it was still a foul
I wouldn't say he came close to breaking his arm though, it was a pretty normal foul

I hope you don't mean he should have gotten a T for the foul itself, but as far as his reactions go, I think the refs could give him a technical about every play if they wanted to...

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
#1251384 06/13/05 07:53 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
If it would be called during streetball, it is a hard foul. That foul was quite the hack.

No, I don't mean he should have gotten a T for the foul, but rather for his Vlade Divac on himself. And I agree, he could get a T after every foul called on him.

#1251385 06/13/05 11:26 PM
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
So there I was yesterday, looking forward to being able to actually watch a game instead of listening to it on the radio at work and what did I get treated to, "THAT" game At the point when Hubie Brown counted 7 shots that the Pistons missed within 3 feet of the basket I knew what to expect as I've seen this movie before. I got sooooooooo mad that slammed both hands down on the table and was literally foaming at the mouth yelling, infact, I woke one of my daughters up and got my wife pissed at me, thanks Pistons My wife said that in the 9 years that she's known me she's never heard me get that mad at any sporting event and thats saying alot considering I'm a Lions fan too I'm not off the bandwagon, but does anyone really expect us to win, I don't and thats because they've showed us 0% and thats not going to get it done against anyone, especially a team that can score and play "D". You know its bad when Robert Horry aka Will Smith, goes to hole on the left and right with "Jordan-esque'" moves as well as knocks down 3's I hope Joe D has something in mind for next season as we need a shooter, a real 1980's type shooter

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
#1251386 06/14/05 01:16 AM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Geez is everyone in detroit screaming that the officials suck? They are the best refs in the NBA, and they are the ones that normally have a good angle as to what is happening....as opposed to the ONE that people watching it on tv get, unless there is a replay at a different angel. First of all the players for detroit need to stop complaining about how the game is being called and PLAY BASKETBALL. Don't aruge with the ref as the play is going the other way....run you butt down court and contest the shot! Like I have been saying since the playoff started, the Spurs are too deep, and too good on both ends of the court to loose this year. Not to mention that the Pistions are in an extreamly weak confrence, and they should consider themselves lucky for getting to the finals at all because if they were in the West they would have had a very tough time getting out of the first round.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
#1251387 06/14/05 11:29 PM
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by elraido:
Geez is everyone in detroit screaming that the officials suck? They are the best refs in the NBA, and they are the ones that normally have a good angle as to what is happening....as opposed to the ONE that people watching it on tv get, unless there is a replay at a different angel. First of all the players for detroit need to stop complaining about how the game is being called and PLAY BASKETBALL. Don't aruge with the ref as the play is going the other way....run you butt down court and contest the shot! Like I have been saying since the playoff started, the Spurs are too deep, and too good on both ends of the court to loose this year. Not to mention that the Pistions are in an extreamly weak confrence, and they should consider themselves lucky for getting to the finals at all because if they were in the West they would have had a very tough time getting out of the first round.

I'm sure your referencing the previous CEG-ers and not me because I didn't say one thing about the refs because the refs have nothing to do with the ball NOT going into the basket As far as them being in the west and having trouble getting out of the first round, give it a rest already, thats a tired old bit The Pistons would've beaten Houston and/or the Nuggets, do you really watch our team or are you busy making exuses for K.G. up there and his yearly "choke job"

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
#1251388 06/15/05 01:17 AM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I didn't know that 22 pts, 14 rebs, 5 assists, 1.5 blocks and steals a game on a bad leg was choking. Hmmmm. And beating the Nuggets and Huston means that they would have to have been a top seed in the west. They would have been the 4th seed this year in the west, and having to play against the western teams more they would have lost like 5-8 more games. The Twolves on the other hand would have been a 7th seed out east, plus they would have won a few more games because of weekness of the teams...say 3-5. And look at that they would have been a 3 seed. I am not saying that Detroit is a bad team, they won it all last year and the made it again this year. It is just that the west is incredibly stacked and it is extreamly tough to make it into the playoffs.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
#1251389 06/15/05 01:44 AM
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by elraido:
I didn't know that 22 pts, 14 rebs, 5 assists, 1.5 blocks and steals a game on a bad leg was choking. Hmmmm. And beating the Nuggets and Huston means that they would have to have been a top seed in the west. They would have been the 4th seed this year in the west, and having to play against the western teams more they would have lost like 5-8 more games. The Twolves on the other hand would have been a 7th seed out east, plus they would have won a few more games because of weekness of the teams...say 3-5. And look at that they would have been a 3 seed. I am not saying that Detroit is a bad team, they won it all last year and the made it again this year. It is just that the west is incredibly stacked and it is extreamly tough to make it into the playoffs.

This is all just purely a guess. I can see a 3rd place finish behind SA and Phx and since my name ends in damus, I am right and you are wrong. In any case, the two best teams in the league are playing. If you doubt it, I say "scoreboard" and I win the argument...

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1251390 06/15/05 03:48 AM
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
good game tonight.. This is how the pistions played 99% of the year atleast there playin like the Champions that they are!

#1251391 06/15/05 03:58 AM
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
ARGH!! I missed the game!

Spurs were up 27-14 early on, then up by 1 at the half.. what happened after that?!?!??

Who WON?
where's it stand, now?

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Page 26 of 47 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard