Page 25 of 47 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 46 47
#1251372 06/11/05 01:15 PM
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by Davo:
Originally posted by Newmadamus:
The Spurs really only beat up on the Pistons in one area, rebounding.

FYI The Spurs also scored more points than the Pistons.

errr...yeah, that too.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1251373 06/11/05 04:23 PM
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
The Spurs really only beat up on the Pistons in one area, rebounding.

FYI The Spurs also scored more points than the Pistons.

errr...yeah, that too.

...but that was because of their rebounding The Spurs turned alot of those into points. Either way, this series will get the Pistons their respect, even if they do lose because its going to a great series, period and for that, they'll get their due ...maybe

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
#1251374 06/13/05 02:58 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
ok this is getting absolutely ridiculous. it seems like everytime the pistons make a decent comeback about 3 terrible calls are made in a row to lead to a quick spurs run to up their lead. dan crawford needs to be kicked in the nuts along with the entire rest of the league's officials. while i agree that the spurs have been the agressor and their lead was earned, the officials seem to have had a nice hand in maintaining the lead or bumping it back up.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
#1251375 06/13/05 03:40 AM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I officially hate the NBA finals now.

#1251376 06/13/05 12:23 PM
D
D
Originally posted by snakous:
ok this is getting absolutely ridiculous. it seems like everytime the pistons make a decent comeback about 3 terrible calls are made in a row to lead to a quick spurs run to up their lead. dan crawford needs to be kicked in the nuts along with the entire rest of the league's officials. while i agree that the spurs have been the agressor and their lead was earned, the officials seem to have had a nice hand in maintaining the lead or bumping it back up.

Don't blame the officials for last night. The Spurs are destroying us in every aspect of the game. The Pistons look absolutely awful and need to pull their heads out of their asses and start playing basketball. The Spurs are playing like last years Pistons. They are everywhere, always in the right spot, always making the tough shot. I think the Pistons would beat any other team in the league, but I am not sure at this point that they have a chance. To win 4 of 5 from the Spurs will be damn near impossible. It's a shame, the Pistons have a team that CAN play with the Spurs, not sure why they are playing so brutally right now.

Much respect to SA.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1251377 06/13/05 12:51 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Yeah, from the standpoint of watching a good basketball game, this year's finals stink! One holds high expectations for the best of the west to match the best of the east. In my opinion, this is a waste of time to even watch. Hence, I just turned off the TV during halftime and never watched it again.

Not really sure what the Pistons are doing. Perhaps, fatigue? Well, if so, then that's Brown's job to address. He has to stress that this is it...you didn't go through all those games to just sit back and let the finals slip. IMO, Brown isn't showing much concern to his guys. He seems way too mellow for the current situation. We all know the Clevland situation was a bad judgement call on his part, but he needs to get his sh^& together and start getting his boys to play well.

As I have observed, the Piston's morality is exponentially decreasing. It seems that no one can make more than one free-throw shot, including Rip. We saw how hideous this became in the Miami series. With the Pacers and Heat the Pistons just slid through and barely pulled it out. They can do that chit with SA. SA is way too good of a team. Anyways, awesome job by SA. A great team with some outstanding players that understand how to play team basketball.

LOL, on the lighter side, on a local Detroit news station they had an interview with a tat parlor shop. The guy was ranting about how many "true" Pistons fan came and got tats for this year's Pistons team. I bet they're feeling pretty stoopid right now.

99 Black Contour SE Sport
#1251378 06/13/05 02:39 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by snakous:

Don't blame the officials for last night. The Spurs are destroying us in every aspect of the game. The Pistons look absolutely awful and need to pull their heads out of their asses and start playing basketball. The Spurs are playing like last years Pistons. They are everywhere, always in the right spot, always making the tough shot. I think the Pistons would beat any other team in the league, but I am not sure at this point that they have a chance. To win 4 of 5 from the Spurs will be damn near impossible. It's a shame, the Pistons have a team that CAN play with the Spurs, not sure why they are playing so brutally right now.

Much respect to SA.

i'm not blaming the officials for the loss last night. i absolutely have respect for san antonio and the other teams the pistons beat in the playoffs. with how bad the pistons played they did deserve to lose game 2 as well as game 1. but, when the pistons had knocked the lead down to 8, i counted three VERY questionable calls which bumped san antonio's lead back up to a 15 point lead. when the pistons were fighting back, there were also many times in which they drove the ball to the basket and were hacked or slapped on the arm and no whistles were blown. sure the spurs had their fair share of fouls, but if you're gonna be touchy about some calls, at least dont do it when it matters. everytime there was a bad call on san antonio, it seemed like, "oh well we're still up by 20." and when the game got close the whistles turned to detroit.

maybe the piston's only chance is if rasheed guarantees another victory, but i think that might not even be enough to stop the red-hot spurs.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
#1251379 06/13/05 03:22 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I don't think there's a conspiracy against one team or another, but NBA officiating is generally terrible. It's kind of difficult to develop a game plan that includes a certain style of play when you don't know how close the officials are going to call the game. There were a few times in last night's game where someone drove the lane and got hacked and there was no call, yet there were a lot of ticky-tack fouls called throughout the game.

Having said that, I don't think Rasheed does his team any good by complaining about every single call. According to him, he has never committed a foul in his entire career. Plays like when he nearly broke Ginobili's arm and then flops to the floor in protest when a foul was called don't help the Pistons if they want to get better treatment.

#1251380 06/13/05 05:07 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Well, I have been on the road to and from Aspen, CO during both of these games and I wasnt able to pick either up on any AM stations (sucks). If any team can come from behind in a series its the Pistons so I am still hopefull. They need to wake up though from what i've seen on ESPN. They all seem to just be standing around!

- Tim
#1251381 06/13/05 07:23 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I don't think there's a conspiracy against one team or another, but NBA officiating is generally terrible. It's kind of difficult to develop a game plan that includes a certain style of play when you don't know how close the officials are going to call the game. There were a few times in last night's game where someone drove the lane and got hacked and there was no call, yet there were a lot of ticky-tack fouls called throughout the game.

Having said that, I don't think Rasheed does his team any good by complaining about every single call. According to him, he has never committed a foul in his entire career. Plays like when he nearly broke Ginobili's arm and then flops to the floor in protest when a foul was called don't help the Pistons if they want to get better treatment.

I agree, the NBA's officiating is terrible. While it is the hardest to officiate of any sport, it isn't hard to call games consistently. If you're going to call something on one team, call it on the other! Also, they let a lot go in the first game and then they call the tightest game I've seen all playoffs.

Quote:

Plays like when he nearly broke Ginobili's arm

He really didn't even come close to breaking his arm, it was a clean block and he hit his arm on the follow-through. While I wouldn't have flipped out like he did, he had every right to be upset. About 90% of plays where it is blocked and then contact is made after the block are no-calls.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
Page 25 of 47 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard