Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 47 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 46 47
#1251312 06/03/05 02:05 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
im serious this is [censored] BS!!! even the announcers realize it and just said it. "every foul that shaq was called for last game, he hasn't been called for tonight."

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
#1251313 06/03/05 02:52 AM
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by elraido:
Ummmmm ever hear of two guys named Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan. He will NEVER be as good as them. Garnett played on one leg the whole season and still put up 20+ points 13+ rebounds 5+ assists and almost 2 steals and blocks per game AND is a first team defender. And Duncan is just too fundamentally good for Amare to be able to pass up with athletisism (spelling sucks I know). Amare will never be as good of a rebounder as those two or be able to hit the outside shot as good as them either. Also he will never be as good of a passer as KG, who is the best passing big man in the game. Also, both TD and KG make the people around them better. Amare needed Nash to get to the level he was this past year. Don't get me wrong, Amare is a good if not great player but he is not the second best player. Another thing to look at is KG almost NEVER misses a game, he played a few years ago with a broken finger on his shooting hand, had knee problems this past year and you never heard him say a word on it. Most of the time it didn't come out until after the season was done. Top 5 in the league right now is KG, TD, Shaq, Lebron, Kidd (but he is only going down).

Well, I meant over the next few years, not right now. He did tear up Duncan in this past series, though. To say he will never be as good as Garnett and Duncan is EXTREMELY shortsighted, IMO. Considering his age, he is simply incredible.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1251314 06/03/05 02:59 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
well bad play by the pistons again not being able to knock down shots. props to the heat who executed great and shared the ball instead of just going into 1 on 1 offense (minus shaq). the heat just outplayed and out-hustled the pistons. i hate to say it but i think the season is over.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
#1251315 06/03/05 03:05 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Newmadamus:
Originally posted by elraido:
Ummmmm ever hear of two guys named Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan. He will NEVER be as good as them. Garnett played on one leg the whole season and still put up 20+ points 13+ rebounds 5+ assists and almost 2 steals and blocks per game AND is a first team defender. And Duncan is just too fundamentally good for Amare to be able to pass up with athletisism (spelling sucks I know). Amare will never be as good of a rebounder as those two or be able to hit the outside shot as good as them either. Also he will never be as good of a passer as KG, who is the best passing big man in the game. Also, both TD and KG make the people around them better. Amare needed Nash to get to the level he was this past year. Don't get me wrong, Amare is a good if not great player but he is not the second best player. Another thing to look at is KG almost NEVER misses a game, he played a few years ago with a broken finger on his shooting hand, had knee problems this past year and you never heard him say a word on it. Most of the time it didn't come out until after the season was done. Top 5 in the league right now is KG, TD, Shaq, Lebron, Kidd (but he is only going down).

Well, I meant over the next few years, not right now. He did tear up Duncan in this past series, though. To say he will never be as good as Garnett and Duncan is EXTREMELY shortsighted, IMO. Considering his age, he is simply incredible.

i completely agree with newmadamus, the strides stoudemire has already made at such a young age has impressed me, A LOT! he was on my fantasy bball team so i was able to follow his play all season. his offense is dominant, to say the least, and his defense improved all year. he played very consistent and i can't wait to see what more is to come from him.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
#1251316 06/03/05 03:27 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Safe prediction: Amare Stoudamire will be the best player in the league over the next 5 years. As good as some of the guys are right now, that guy is a freak. Well, maybe second best next to Lebron.

Yep. He's the next Shaq (but much more exciting to watch). I'm afraid LeBron is going to be your typical Eastern Conference superstar: great player, throws up 30 a night, but his team sucks. Like you said, Amare is a straight up freak.

#1251317 06/03/05 12:29 PM
D
D
Originally posted by Davo:
Safe prediction: Amare Stoudamire will be the best player in the league over the next 5 years. As good as some of the guys are right now, that guy is a freak. Well, maybe second best next to Lebron.

Yep. He's the next Shaq (but much more exciting to watch). I'm afraid LeBron is going to be your typical Eastern Conference superstar: great player, throws up 30 a night, but his team sucks. Like you said, Amare is a straight up freak.

He just needs to work on his D and he will be dominate the league.

On the right team, I could see Lebron pulling an Oscar Robertson and averaging a triple double.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1251318 06/04/05 04:16 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Davo:

He just needs to work on his D and he will be dominate the league.

On the right team, I could see Lebron pulling an Oscar Robertson and averaging a triple double.

for sure, i could definitely see him having 30+ triple-doubles in a season.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
#1251319 06/05/05 05:49 AM
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Someone should call the cops, the Heat just got murdered.

Now I'm anxious for Monday, just to see what'll happen! I know the Heat will show up, ready to play, but will the Pistons be able to pull another one of these nights?

I could NOT believe how BAD the Heat played tonite, it seemed like their rim was bent like a carnval hoop or something, cuz nothing would go in for em...

(One more and I get my wish! Woooo.)

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
#1251320 06/05/05 05:51 AM
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
looks like it will all hinge on wades ability to play. they are scay-rewed without him!!

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
#1251321 06/05/05 01:19 PM
D
D
I think they only shot 2% worse than Detroit for the game. Seems like an odd stat considering the final score.

Page 19 of 47 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard