Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 47 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 46 47
#1251212 04/27/05 12:11 PM
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

what's it like in your little world? is it pretty there???

LOL
I know Artest is a jerk. But Nocioni is no Artest, neither is Wallace I geuss.
But lots of guys get caught up in the game and get a little over aggresive at times.
Can't wait for the game tonight. Even though I should be working on the 3L.

1998.5 SVT I'm working on it. WTB 2.0L Contique.
#1251213 04/27/05 01:20 PM
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by Davo:
Yeah, I liken the Lakers-haters to this year's Red Sox fans. 'Red Sox Nation' () is all about getting in the Yankees' faces and saying about how the Red Sox are now the best team ever. Please.

Then we have these people pissing on the Lakers like they're the Clippers or Warriors or something. They'll spring back, very quickly if they get Phil back.

As much as I hate the Yankees and Lakers, I'll always respect their likelihood of having a good team.

They would also need some more talent in addition to Phil.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1251214 04/27/05 01:24 PM
D
D
Originally posted by 04marauder:

bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

LOL
But lots of guys get caught up in the game and get a little over aggresive at times.

Artest fouled hard, Ben Wallace walked up to him and pushed him face to face. That is not a cheap shot, a cheap shot would be hitting Artest from behind. Please watch the clips, they were played literally hundreds of times.

I'm a little confused, you think the Bulls can take the Pistons but not the Heat? Can you explain yourself?

Can you legitimately argue that even one starter on the Bulls poses a matchup problem for Detroit's starters?

The way McDyess is playing in the first two games, the advantage Gordon may have had is even shakier.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1251215 04/27/05 01:47 PM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by Pope Dnewma IV:
Can you legitimately argue that even one starter on the Bulls poses a matchup problem for Detroit's starters?

I don't see how... Let's look at the starting 5s for the teams:

Detroit:
Billups
Hamilton
Prince
R. Wallace
B. Wallace

Chicago:
Hinrich
Duhon
Harrington
Nocioni
Davis

So we figure they'd match up like this:

1.) Billups on Hinrich -- Billups gets the nod here.
2.) Hamilton on Duhon -- The choice is clear.
3.) Prince on Nocioni -- Prince shouldn't have any problem with this one. Plays as solid of D as anyone on the team.
4.) Rasheed on Harrington -- Wallace
5.) Ben on Davis -- Again, no question.

Chandler, Gordon, and Piatkowski off of the bench for the Bulls... McDyess, Lindsey Hunter, and Arroyo for Detroit. The only defensive liability is Arroyo.
Let's cut the s**t right now... there's no advantage at a single spot. I'm not being a Pistons homer, I'm being a realist.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
#1251216 04/27/05 02:15 PM
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by 04marauder:

bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

LOL

Artest fouled hard, (Artest is dirty) Ben Wallace walked up to him and pushed him face to face. (Cheap. Dead ball and he's starting fights). That is not a cheap shot, a cheap shot would be hitting Artest from behind. Please watch the clips, they were played literally hundreds of times.

I'm a little confused, you think the Bulls can take the Pistons but not the Heat? (YES and yes) Can you explain yourself? (They didn't play well against the Heat at all. They couldn't stop Wade. They had great games against the Pistons with the exception of a few key moments).

Can you legitimately argue that even one starter on the Bulls poses a matchup problem for Detroit's starters? (Look, I respect the Pistons. They're a good team. But I like the Bulls against them. The Bulls have the best D in the league if you go buy opponents field goal %. And like I said, they have the best bench in the league going by offensive production. I think it would be a great series but it ain't happening so I'm not going to get into all the matchups).

The way McDyess is playing in the first two games, the advantage Gordon may have had is even shakier.

(See Above)

#1251217 04/27/05 04:04 PM
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I like the enthusiasm and "realism" for the Pistons.
But WTF. Its not like I'm saying the Bulls are going to win it all. Not this year anyway.
I'm not saying sh*t like the Sixers or the Nets have a chance.
The Bulls had the 3rd best record in the East. Right behind Detroit. Give them some credit.
I give you guys credit. You're the champs untill someone beats you. You beat the Lakers convincingly.
It was a great thing to see.
And you even have a chance to repeat.
I'm a Bulls fan though.
Flame if you want but the Bulls are going to surprise.

#1251218 04/27/05 04:19 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by 00SVT:
I'm not being a Pistons homer, I'm being a realist.

Hahaha...but there is a lot of that going around here.

If you take match-ups as a sole predictor of who will win, the Bulls would have gone roughly 9-73 this year. And the Pistons wouldn't have won the championship last year. Not saying the Bulls would beat the Pistons, just point out how ridiculous that idea is. They won't even play the Pistons, so I don't see why anyone is talking about it.

#1251219 04/27/05 05:03 PM
D
D
Originally posted by 00SVT:
I'm not being a Pistons homer, I'm being a realist.

If you take match-ups as a sole predictor of who will win, the Bulls would have gone roughly 9-73 this year. And the Pistons wouldn't have won the championship last year. Not saying the Bulls would beat the Pistons, just point out how ridiculous that idea is. They won't even play the Pistons, so I don't see why anyone is talking about it.

Both teams have great team chemistry, so individual matchups are what it will come down to. Here is an example: Chicago, like most teams in the league, have no answer to Prince, how are they going to contain him and if they do, are they going to ease up on Billups and Rip to concentrate more on Tayshawn? Or are they going to help with Rasheeds defender? The center wouldn't have a prayer of keeping up, so that won't work. I don't think either team will have their team first mentallity magically dissappear.

Actually, even last year against the Lakers, you could have made the argument the Pistons stacked up well against the Lakers.

Shaq>Ben
Bryant>Rip
Prince>George
Billups>Payton
Rasheed>Malone
Okur/Campbell/Hunter/James/Williamson >>> Walton/Fisher/Medvedenko/Fox/Rush

The only question was really how much better Shaq and Kobe would be than the guys they matched up against and it turns out, it wasn't nearly enough to overcome the team play.

I think I would agree with your point if the Pistons were a selfish team that strived on individual accomplishments, but in reality, they have set the bar for team play that every other team strives to match.

#1251220 04/27/05 05:05 PM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er

Of course there is. That's all these threads turn into. I'm just trying to bring some basketball sense into the conversation. Sure, I'm a Pistons fan. No denying that. But I don't have my head in the sand or the clouds, either.

If you take match-ups as a sole predictor of who will win, the Bulls would have gone roughly 9-73 this year. And the Pistons wouldn't have won the championship last year.

Of course I don't think that matchups are the be-all, end-all for a series, but it certainly gives you a pretty good idea of what might happen. I'll be the first to admit that Chicago had a surprisingly good season. But they've got no playoff experience to speak of... their best big man is out for the playoffs...they have a difficult time getting to the line... you've gotta look at it a bit more objectively than, "Well, they had the 3rd best record in the East and Ben Gordon rules and they play defense and they're young..."

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
#1251221 04/27/05 05:11 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Actually, even last year against the Lakers, you could have made the argument the Pistons stacked up well against the Lakers.

People said this after the Finals were over, but not before. Your match-ups work in hindsight, but not in foresight.

Page 9 of 47 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard