Print Thread
Page 4 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 46 47
#1251162 04/20/05 01:47 AM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Ray:
Exactly.. If Tim stays healthy, the team has multiple playoff games under the belt.. They are actually a very strong team and readily surprise most teams with late come-backs. They are the team to beat when it comes down to staying power. (IMHO)

If tim-may falls short, they tend to rely too much on a modified three point game, and this year the percentages simply aren't up to par for that.

Either way, a good match-up will be coming, here shortly..

oh.. and I didn't say it... someone else did.. so I just captured it for all to see.. FOREVER!! lol

Ray

Yeah, true all that. I love my Spurs, but Miami is poised as well. Provided that the Suns can be stopped. They have SO many weapons it's not even funny. And their defense isn't as bad as people think. They are 12th in the league.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
#1251163 04/20/05 01:50 AM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Spurs.......no one is going to be able to beat them in a 7 game series. Great D (lead league in points allowed), good offence, very deep. Lost only 3 games at home. Unless they face Pheonix, and that I doubt, they will have home court advantage. TD is getting his form back after missing those games. They might just be the most boring team to watch, but they are the ones who are going to win.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
#1251164 04/20/05 01:52 AM
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Consistency doesn't have to be "pretty".. it only has to be consistent. It's what wins..
and you are right..

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

#1251165 04/20/05 01:54 AM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Ray:
Consistency doesn't have to be "pretty".. it only has to be consistent. It's what wins..
and you are right..

Ray

Yes, it does. But I'm going to have to disagree on the TD factor. He's sprained his ankle pretty badly this season. He's the X factor. W/O TD, the Spurs don't stand a chance. And in these playoffs, TD needs to be 95% or better period. The West is FAR too deep.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
#1251166 04/20/05 03:36 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
Yes, it does. But I'm going to have to disagree on the TD factor. He's sprained his ankle pretty badly this season. He's the X factor. W/O TD, the Spurs don't stand a chance. And in these playoffs, TD needs to be 95% or better period. The West is FAR too deep.

I completely agree with that. That Spurs/Nuggets series is going to be the best opening-round series, regardless of how well TD is.

#1251167 04/20/05 10:26 AM
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Davo, I don't think anyone thinks the Pistons will steam roll the Heat, but I haven't really seen a compelling reason to think that Shaq/Wade are good enough to beat the Pistons in 7 games. They might, Shaq is the most dominate player in the game, and Wade is in the top 5 young players. If the rest of the scrubs can pick it up, they have the capability to beat anyone.

If TD is healthy, i'd love to see Spurs/Pistons. Can you imagine the ratings disaster?

Pacers/Pistons if it happens, would be a great series.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
#1251168 04/20/05 01:49 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
maybe now that avery johnson has the mavs playing defense they will have what it takes to sneak by everybody...they're the only team that can score with phoenix...suckramento missed their window of opportunity which coincided with the lakers and spurs runs

as a lakers fan i didn't think anyone could shut down kobe and shaq but the piss-ons did it...i hated every minute of it, but i have to admit they put it down last yr...this season they got hot just in time for the playoffs which is a good sign for a defending champ...even last yr they went something like 18-2 down the stretch

i dont think for a minute that miami is unbeatable...if shaq is debilitated they will get lose...kobe found out this season and wade may find out, one guy cant do it alone...and in case noone has noticed, for all his 'getting in shape' (which he supposedly does every summer) shaq's numbers are declining and detroit played him effectively enough last summer

if duncan is healthy a spurs/piss-ons matchup is my prediction...i can see detroit winning that series, because of the defense of hamilton wallace and prince...i pick the spurs in 6

all the other teams involved are just punching bags

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
#1251169 04/20/05 04:57 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
The Heat remind me of the Lakers when the Lakers were in their prime. They have the most dominant player in the game, a rising superstar, and an excellent cast of role players. Obviously, there is no Phil Jackson, which could factor come playoff time. Shaq's advantage against the Pistons compared to last year may be that he does not have the Achilles Heel Kobe along with him. It's going to be a very good series, but I see Miami coming out of that one.

Pacers/Pistons would be an interesting series, but I'm not sure Indiana can compete with Detroit for 7 games.

#1251170 04/20/05 05:06 PM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
That is exactly what Pheonix wants other people to do...try to match points with them! You can't beat them by doing that! You have to get physical, play hard D and tire them out. Make the starters foul you and have the scrubs try to beat you, and 99% of the time they will not. Beyond their starting 5 pheonix doesn't have much, and that is not how to win in the playoffs

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
#1251171 04/20/05 06:05 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Davo:
Originally posted by Kokopellian:

I completely agree with that. That Spurs/Nuggets series is going to be the best opening-round series, regardless of how well TD is.

Wrongo! The Houston/Dallas matchup is going to be the series to watch in the first round. Denver is out of it's league with San Antonio, as Houston proved last week when they smoked the Nuggets.

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
Page 4 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard