Originally posted by mean'tour:
Originally posted by SixxGunn:
Well mean'tour...sounds like we are in the same boat or 'tour...

I've been having the rubbing sound while turning left for a month now. Wheel doesn't get warm but there is a slight vibration even after a new set of tires and a 4 wheel alignment. A local shop pulled the whole left front hub (which seems to be where the sounds is coming from) and could find nothing wrong. Nothing rubs or squeeks or feels rough when the car is off the ground. It sounds like I have cleated snow tires on the front when turning left above 55mph. I'm starting to suspect a CV joint but that really makes little sense either since it only does it in a left turn and there is no clicking or popping from it during a sharp turn. The only other thing I can think of is a control arm or strut bushing. The tech looks at the tranny/engine mounts/resistors and everything looked ok. I didn't see anything out of whack from what I could see either although I'm not an expert.

This tour is really getting on the nerves lately...especially since the CEL is throwing 0420 again...went away for awhile after the tune up.

Thinking of trading it for an 02 Sport Trac.....

Yeah, same 'Tour. I'm dropping off at a place tomorrow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard on this forum if it's a wheel bearing that if the sounds occurs when you turn left, then it's the right bearing that is bad. Maybe your shop should have pulled the right hub?

I got mine done on Friday. All said and done it was $250, which included a new rotor that they had to destroy to get it off. Rubbing noise gone.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4