Originally posted by EternalOne:
Originally posted by csc99svt:
serious question here....could you not just take a lugnut and go to a local hardware store and buy new bolts....like a grade 8 or stainless...would that work? be cheaper too...

There's a ton to take into consideration with lug studs. Thread pitch, diameter, head type, and length. You'd be hard pressed to find what you need. =)

Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
I would have done that, but I only needed 13mm spacers and I think H&R have 15mm-16mm as a step up from 10 mm. I just had some custom ones made instead.

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, they only make 5mm, 10mm, 15mm, and 30mm spacers for 4x108 -- but they all come with extended lug studs making it a bit easier.

Also, you can simply use an extra lug nut on the stud with an impact wrench to press these in with ease. Took about 3 minutes per side to do mine this way.

E1

i know how to find a bolt, i worked in hardware for 6+ years coming up in high school and some college....my question was serious cause i wanted to know for myself....i have never looked at the back of the wheel hub to see how the bolts are inserted into the hub and through the rotor...so i wanted if a hardware store item would work....what are studs closest to? hex, carriage, sqaure, i was just wanting to know...

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760