Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Mkingracing:
So who ever started the title "knock offs" should present information provding that they are.

You just don't get it do you. Junior.

Link here

Excerpt here...

Quote:

We know for a fact weapon R copied the headers having taken a set from a member here, taking forever to return them, and finally returning a cut up set, of which was copied.

Remember weapon R is based in japan, and as said amongst the SEMA community members I know personally... and I quote... "These Cheap Japanese knock off companies, copy our hard work, use substandard japanese steel, and literally smuggle the parts into the country in their suitcases"

You must realize that Japanese 304 SS (any Japanese steel) is NO WHERE NEAR the quality of our steel. That's a fact that is undisputable. PERIOD.

I know first hand even. I lived there 3 years.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Without dyno comparisons, criticisms from both sides pertaining to performance are useless...

On a side note, at only $100 more than the BAT Y-pipe, I wish the Weapon-R headers would have come out sooner. Even if the performance numbers are a little less than MSDS's, IMHO the price justifies the difference.

Chris G. ~ 98 Mystique LS ATX
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Antiramie:
Even if the performance numbers are a little less than MSDS's, IMHO the price justifies the difference.

THANK YOU

For almost HALF the price of MSDS - Including a much better looking Y-pipe - and all rendered in stainless steel ...

I'm guessing Stazi is the only person here who has seen these in person side by side too ...

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by akrump47:
I'm guessing Stazi is the only person here who has seen these in person side by side too ...

I've seen them too, but earlier versions. The Y has a smoother bend, but it's longer, so I don't know what that will do for performance. I may have pix of the older headers so you can compare welds, I'll check.

If I'm reading this thread correctly, the SS headers will have a higher risk of cracking, so the install will have to be very good with little stress on the parts. That means fitment must be good - not a strong point with WR in this application. Maybe that's why they don't offer a warranty.

Still, as I said, a viable alternative for somebody on a budget as I've seen the install & the product at work. Thus far, it seems to be OK for most who have them. I too, don't appreciate their business tactics - if, in fact, they did copy another makers design.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I overlayed the exhaust gaskets and they fit perfectly, so fitment should be an issue.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
C
C
All headers are now instock and will begin shipping tomorrow... Just confirmed with owner of Leo it may be 6 months before the next batch is instock.

Thanks
James

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Stazi:
I overlayed the exhaust gaskets and they fit perfectly, so fitment should be an issue.

Of all the CEGers, you are one of few that I would gladly trust to work on my car Stazi - that's sayin' a lot 'cause I won't let a dealer tech touch my Contour. I have total confidence in your ability to get a good install with this - even the EGR tube modification, if required.

I found the pix of the WR headers & will post them tonight.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I posted them already side-byside with the MSDS ones. Look on page one.

Thanks for the compliments.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by akrump47:

wrongo
the first set installed or at least posted about was on NECO. It was a fellow friend that did the write up. He was able to bend the y pipe by hand...they said they where junk. he had MSDS headers on his cougar so they knew what to expect. I also know the individual that gave the set of MSDS headers to Weapon R for them to cut up and copy. At that time they didn't fit up well where made of very thin SS and very supect on quality.

But now from what Stazi has been saying they are better built, stronger and fit better. Maybe weapon R did make revisions if so good for them. Too each his own. MSDS and weapon R each have there downfalls....

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
This has been a pretty informative thread, thanks for the opinions on both sides.

About the copying thing, I just keeping thinking to myself that all i read is about packaging issues and how little room there is. Seems to me that this would really limit the amount of ways the headers can be designed. I would rather have a good design than have have WR [censored] things up with a piss poor design just to be original. Seems counter-intuitive to me.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard