Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by WRLEO:

These are some things " I " have encountered in my racing experience.
* Steel or Coated steel will Rust regardless.

I can vouch for that. My MSDS headers have done nothing but rust. I even emailed Marty about it before I bought them (1st gen coating) and he assured me that I would have no problems. Hell, my replacemnt y-pipe (1st one cracked and leaked) even began to show rust having only driven in rain from May to Aug and then went all to [censored] after it's first winter. I don't care what all of you say about MSDS's service....when I had contacted Marty about this problem do you want to know what his response was.....drumroll.....NOTHING. He never replied and all of this was within the first year of owning the headers. Quite frankly, if I had the extra $$ between living expenses and my motor build, I'd buy a set of these, modify the y-pipe to work with a 2-bolt flange and coat them and piss on my MSDS headers.

Sorry for the rant (well not really), but I am tired of everyone defending MSDS and saying they are the only and best solution.

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Stazi plan on putting in headers when I bring my car for the trans pull in a couple weeks

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by timeless420:
Originally posted by WRLEO:

These are some things " I " have encountered in my racing experience.
* Steel or Coated steel will Rust regardless.

I can vouch for that. My MSDS headers have done nothing but rust. I even emailed Marty about it before I bought them (1st gen coating) and he assured me that I would have no problems. Hell, my replacemnt y-pipe (1st one cracked and leaked) even began to show rust having only driven in rain from May to Aug and then went all to [censored] after it's first winter. I don't care what all of you say about MSDS's service....when I had contacted Marty about this problem do you want to know what his response was.....drumroll.....NOTHING. He never replied and all of this was within the first year of owning the headers. Quite frankly, if I had the extra $$ between living expenses and my motor build, I'd buy a set of these, modify the y-pipe to work with a 2-bolt flange and coat them and piss on my MSDS headers.

Sorry for the rant (well not really), but I am tired of everyone defending MSDS and saying they are the only and best solution.

Thank you for your experience. I am glad to hear a neagative side to MSDS. Nothing is ever as pretty as every one paints it out to be. And of course i like both sides to every story.

Last edited by Mkingracing; 04/20/05 07:49 PM.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Mkingracing:
... of course i like both sides to every story.

YOU, sir, are talkin' like a republican!

(flame suit on)

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
This summer I plan on going WRheaders/y, a catt'd test pipe from TruBendz (doing this because I hear running no cats hurts perf overall?!? is this true?), and trubends res Magnaflow system.

Amen for my collector plated or else id be screwed for emissions.

Stazi, how much to install headers, test pipe, and exhaust.. welded too

Id be willing to drive up from Cleveland for a day :-D

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
OK over at cta motorsports they dynoed a svt contour with a there down pipe, which i believe they sell bat downpipes. Well the pipe with the cat gained both Tq and HP all threw out the power band. Now the downpipe without a cat lost Tq by -3 up to -7 threw the power band, hp was a little less at low rpms and only gained at 6k and above which was +2. Now that this qustion has been answer. On a stock exhaust and down pipe do not get a downpipe without a cat you lose low end and gain only 2 hp on top end. Plus you get alot more rasp. So please order own with a cat. thank you good day!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by djdanyloz:
This summer I plan on going WRheaders/y, a catt'd test pipe from TruBendz (doing this because I hear running no cats hurts perf overall?!? is this true?), and trubends res Magnaflow system.

Amen for my collector plated or else id be screwed for emissions.

Stazi, how much to install headers, test pipe, and exhaust.. welded too

Id be willing to drive up from Cleveland for a day :-D

Send me a PM

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1246806 04/22/05 05:30 AM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by CustomCougars:
Material is 304 SS.

At this time our company has the last 14 pairs of headers instock for the next 60 days. Any items you see on ebay will be backordered for atleast T-60 Days due to the current backorder status from the manufacturer.

Thanks
James
CustomCougars.Com

That's pretty funny considering my headers just came in last week and are sitting in a box at the local shop that I use....This was after they were on backorder. When I get off vacation I will pick them up and give another first hand perspective on these issues of quality.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Mig welding 304 ss is fine as long as the gas and wire types recomended by professional welders are adhered to.

304L being softer and easier welding is just a little more insurance that they don't crack during use.

I personnaly have bought weaponR products in the past for a buddy's acura that I worked on and the quality and fitment was good, the performance was similar to the claims they made.

As long as these headers have a decent warranty against cracking along the welds then I wouldn't have any misgivings about installing them.

Now that we have a rep from weaponR on here:

What is the warranty on these headers?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by warmonger:
What is the warranty on these headers?

Weapons-R come with ZERO warranty.

Once you pay them your money they are your responsibility. Always a comforting feeling.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard