Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Well put, Hector. If I had a dime for every person that has said "why a Contour?" I'd have it t/c'd by now

I love my car. I can relate to what Hector is saying. I was grinning ear-to-ear today when it finally pulled itself out of the garage under its own power. I'm a 30 year-old man and I get giddy about a 4-cylinder sedan!!

But Hector, you should dyno tune it unless you have absolute certainty that the A/F ratios are good. I'd hate to see the dreaded "I think I blew it up" post from you.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
L
CEG road warrior
OP Offline
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by D Davis:
Well put, Hector. If I had a dime for every person that has said "why a Contour?" I'd have it t/c'd by now

I love my car. I can relate to what Hector is saying. I was grinning ear-to-ear today when it finally pulled itself out of the garage under its own power. I'm a 30 year-old man and I get giddy about a 4-cylinder sedan!!

But Hector, you should dyno tune it unless you have absolute certainty that the A/F ratios are good. I'd hate to see the dreaded "I think I blew it up" post from you.

That is alright.....I know for a fact I am running rich. But if I did blewd it up (knocks on wood).....it is a good thing I have a spare engine.

I will get the A/F worked out very soon.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by LoCoZsc:
Mike....when will you ever learn? I go through things a certain way. It may not be the easiest way but I learn from it.

when will i learn? well your way of learning hasnt worked yet. i too, like D, am waiting for the "there went the engine" post. i dont want to see that happen but i think you are playing with a bomb. just like the vette.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I wish you the best of luck, Hector. But I know where I'm going once my new pistons and seals break in...to the dyno!! I don't even have the aftermarket chip in it right now and am running stock timing.

I just don't want to take a chance. At least you have a spare motor, though.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
I tell people straight up all the time: "It's not the fastest car, but it is fun."

I've never heard you say that???

Hey dude, quitcher and get that POS running right. You sell it before you see it's full potential, then you'll be a bigger loser than you are now!!!

How are you an "Enthusiast" if in this entie thread theres no "Enthusiam"????

You owe it to all your Zetec followers to see what that shitbox can do. Hell, I'm even curious to see it at it's best.

Now quitcher biotchin' and hop to it moron. No one likes a whiner that lives with a whiner, driving a whining car!!!!!

Ahhh, I'm such nice guy

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
speak the truth brother! speak it!

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
And get a manual trans already!

Last edited by Stazi; 04/13/05 12:02 PM.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
I swear you kids will never get it. That is why every kid is driving a damn SRT!

yeah you're probably right...running a 16.7 in supercharged ATX heaven just doesn't appeal to me.

I guess maybe I should be like every 20 year old kid and pick up an SRT4.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Hector if your still having problems with the focus throttle body maybe you should compare it directly to a stock focus one. I have a stock focus one that I can look at, just tell me what parts of it don't make sense. Also I have the sensors on it still and the wiring harness for it so if you want to buy it cheap let me know.

ATX MTX swap, rear drum disc swap, drilled rotors, ported intake, optim throttle body, CAI, 7.5L MAF, adj. fuel regulator, longtube headers, underdrive pulley, no EGR, low inpedence bigger injectors, 2002 Focus Swap
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
His throttle body is not the issue. it's the fact that all his mods aren't tuned and he has to straighten out his problems first. Also having the ATX will always put him behind where he wants to be as far as 1/4 mile times are concerned.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard