ok i read a few different things in your post that need clearing up.

1. the msds y pipe does not delete the main cat. if you look under your car, the main cat bolts to the y pipe. no removal necessary. a few here have said they are using a test pipe, which is a pipe that bolts in to the section where the cat is (about a foot or so long). its the section between the y pipe and the "cat back."

so, you will lose your precats with the headers, but not the main one. as many have said before, there really isnt a huge gain to be had from losing the main cat.

2. most refer to the "center muffler" as the resonator. on stock systems (all of them) that is where the res. is located. however, a few aftermarket systems (like trubendz ), use one muffler and two resonators. the muffler is in the middle with the two res. at the end. not sure why they do it this way.

so when you hear people refer to the two further back "resonators," they probably have a system like the trubendz. otherwise, the center "muffler" is the res., with mufflers in the rear (like the stock svt exhaust, my aftermarket, and others).

hope all that helps.

if you are interested in my exhaust, search for justmagnaflow.com. they have the best prices on all magnaflow stuff.

if nothing else, replace your res. with an 18" long version for the 2.25" stock svt piping. my part number is for 2.5" piping, so it is not the right size for you.

with a good res. and svt mufflers you should not have any problems with rasp with the headers and msds y (as long as you leave the cat!).

dont worry, it will sound great!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!