Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
It goes like this. Took the car in yesterday @ 10:50. They pulled the car in right away. I left at 1:28. I was quoted "just over an hour". Not over 2 and a half. So I'm already peeved. On the way home I start smelling burnt oil and at my first stop light I have smoke billowing from under the hood. Thinking they have just spilled oil on the exhaust I think no more of it aside from what a bunch of idiots. Well I park for about 2 hours at home and go out there after not noticing that there is a BIG puddle of oil under the car. Run my errands and return. See the oil and park a little further back. I think jeeze they spilled alot of oil and it is still dripping off the block. I go out later on yet and there is another puddle of oil about the same size. So I turn the car around to see if it is going to leak overnight. Sure does. Now I have a tonne of oil on the ground. More then can spread out and therefore there is almost a centimeter deep puddle. Call Active green and Ross. Tell them what is going on and that I will be there in a few minutes. Be ready for me. They hoist the car and notice that the drain plug gasket is faulty or not seated right and that the oil has been draining from the block. WTF? I say I have never heard nor seen such a thing. He proceeds to tell me it is pretty common , Whatever. After excuse after excuse stating well it left no puddle in THEIR parking lot. Almost making me wonder if he was trying to accuse me. I finally just left. I'm furious. If it weren't for the oil change the service likely would have been fine. Why I had to wait for 2.5+ hours I still don't know and how they can send a car out the door with a seepage of oil is beyond me. I should also add that to smooth things over they gave me "one of their valued customers" (never been there before.) a card good for 4 free oil changes. (I pay for the filter and a enviromental disposal fee ) Yeah like I will go back there again.

As for the engine vac. I think it helped. Butt dyno says it did but they are notoriously inaccurate. There is less raw fuel smell when I get on it. A few tanks of gas will tell better.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
C
chongo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Sorry for your experince, but I can tell you why it took 2.5 hours.
Our fuel lines are a PITA to remove and if you go to quick you will snap it like a twig.
The guy doing mine took 30 minutes to get them off an hook up the machine.
After reading your previous thread, I thought they had broken one of yours.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
Nope but I was in the waiting room and no one came to tell me it would be delayed. Poor service if you ask me. I'm not to sure I will go back to them.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
C
chongo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Yup I would say bad service.
I had been to the one I went to before. I asked if I could watch the whole process and they said sure, if you don't get in the way.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I always watch any service that is done on my car. I always ask prior to the work being done if they say no I say fine, I'll go elsewhere. THey then usually say ok stay out of the way

1999 Mystique Sport 2nd owner bought it in Sept 03
120000km 4 door, leather, loaded pics on cardomain, coatsy
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I hope they didn't strip or cross thread something. You need a garage where you can do this type of basic maintenance yourself. I know a guy who will have a nice big 2 car garage soon .

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
I hope they didn't strip or cross thread something. You need a garage where you can do this type of basic maintenance yourself. I know a guy who will have a nice big 2 car garage soon .

Yup you let me know when your all moved in and I'll return from the Dominican then. Just kidding.

M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
They called today to do a "follow up". Wanting to make sure I was happy. Guess my demeanor wasn't to clear when I left. Anyways the caller was telling me they like to keep their customers happy and blah blah blah. He said my circumstances were uncommon and that he was sorry it happened but it could have happened anywhere. Now I understand this but it doesn't change the after effect headaches and the continued smell of burning off oil. I almost could excuse it too if it weren't for the longer then usual wait time I experienced. Good customer service dictates that if things are delayed or not going according to plan that you should advise the customer. So the long and short of the conversation was that I WILL NOT be returning to this Active Green and Ross for service in the future and that I would sooner driver to Ajax or Pickering for a motor vac service. I don't think this guy was to impressed but then hey niether was I.

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
I got mine done at the Active Green & Ross on West Drive just S. of Hwy 7 for $153 after taxes yesterday.

They ran it for an hour and I was able to see the car after a stop at the Tim's across the road to pass the time.

Considering my UIM & LIM were already clean I didn't notice much difference (maybe a wee bit better tip-in on launch). Will check the promised mileage increase over the SVTOA cruise this afternoon ... although that may be a bit skewed by my driving considering I do like to lead "spirited" cruises

98.5 SVT now gone ... new wheels = 2005 330i
M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
I forgot all about the cruise. If it weren't for the really crappy weather this way I'd head on out to it.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard