Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Wow those are some good preliminary results. You should get a quick return on investment although I still think you have other issues. I guess I shouldn't complain about my 24MPG average with my two cars, although I'm shooting for closer to 30MPG .

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
Ok I am getting this done tomorrow now. Hope it helps with my rich running condition. Or at least nets me some power back.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by mbb41:
Ok I am getting this done tomorrow now. Hope it helps with my rich running condition. Or at least nets me some power back.

you guys have me wanting to do it now...

I called highbury speedy in london, and they do it for $99.99

now I've never been to them, so I dont have a "trust" factor with them. But is there any way they can screw this up or take me for a ride? I guess the people who have had it done know the process. please let me know if thats at all possible?

97 T-Red LX ATX pre98 CF SVT front,SVT rear/side skirts FSVT wheels Custom Front Ford Logo (body Colour) 35% tint all around with sun visor WP With Metal Impeller? Elky Grills CTA Intake CTA Custom Dual Exhaust
C
chongo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:
Ok I am getting this done tomorrow now.

I called highbury speedy in london, and they do it for $99.99

now I've never been to them, so I dont have a "trust" factor with them. But is there any way they can screw this up or take me for a ride? I guess the people who have had it done know the process. please let me know if thats at all possible?

Sweet Mark good luck.

Keith as for them screwing it up, not really possible.
They disconnect the fuel lines, fuel feed and return lines are joined together and the engine is soley run on the machine. They turn on the machine and your car runs on the chemical for 40mins.
Only thing is the preliminary test for fuel line pessure. They will tell you if your not running normal pressure
and may not continue if your not.
They could fubar the fuel line fittings if they've never done a Ford. I'm sure they have.
It helped having the open air filter in there as they had more room to the fuel line than with the stock box.
Did they state Motorvac cleaning machine? $100 is a good price. Seems Terra clean is more expensive.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
yeh I asked specifically for a motor vac by snap on. I had actually called the dundas speedy and they said that the highbury one had it.

so I assume that it is indeed what they say it is. plus the price seems on par with what you toronoto boys/girls are paying.

97 T-Red LX ATX pre98 CF SVT front,SVT rear/side skirts FSVT wheels Custom Front Ford Logo (body Colour) 35% tint all around with sun visor WP With Metal Impeller? Elky Grills CTA Intake CTA Custom Dual Exhaust
C
chongo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:
yeh I asked specifically for a motor vac by snap on. I had actually called the dundas speedy and they said that the highbury one had it.

They wouldn't lie about that.....
If they had Terra Clean and said they had MotorVac someone might be in trouble.....

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
hmm, i read that one post describing the motorvac thingy, but it really didnt say how it cleans the stuff out, and where does it go after its taken off the motor??
as for gas mileage i got about 550 kilometers when i first bought the car, mostly highway, some stop and go. Most I ever got was 700 km on a trip to Kingston, though now in the colder temps Im gettin 500kms tops.
Lastly, I am wondering if theres anything closer, like KW area?

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
C
chongo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
hmm, i read that one post describing the motorvac thingy, but it really didnt say how it cleans the stuff out, and where does it go after its taken off the motor??

The cleaner breaks down the deposits and it goes out your exhaust.
It won't plug cats or O2's as it actually cleans these as it passes though the system.
You must do an oil change ASAP after the cleaning, as lots of the stuff remains in the oil.
I was told to drive a good highway burn (30km) then change it.

700km do you have a Zetec???

The only way to find a shop is too call around.
If you don't have an active green and ross.
Mark, How did your cleaning go?

M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
I'll post on my cleaning later. Have had some complications with the garage that need resolution. Will post when that has been done.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
C
chongo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I'll post on my cleaning later. Have had some complications with the garage that need resolution. Will post when that has been done.

Damn man sorry, I'll wait for your reply.
I hope it's not what I think it may be....

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard