Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
Originally posted by moxnix:
Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
Uhmmm...if they charge $25 for the full oil change, how are they making a profit? The oil itself is $25 if they only do 5 qts as the guy who worked for them stated (Mobil-1 is approx. $5/qt). That's a hell of a deal.

Retail price is $5/qt that is not the price that walmart pays for it. Also how much do they sell the 5qt jugs of it for ?

Yes it is 5 qts included in the oil change and then they charge you ~$5 for the extra quart

IIRC, it is $20/5qt jug. So Walmart probably pays $18. Throw in the filter it's 2/3 bucks. Comes to $21 cost and $4 profit for synthetic oil. That's still cheap. I've seen local oil shops around my area charge $50 for synthetic oil changes (includes 6qts, however is twice the price). I'm just stating that this is very affordable for synthetic oil.

I'm still not convinced! That $4 profit is more than sucked upin labor and disposal costs. I worked as a lube tech or a car deler back in HS and hey were maiking $12 off of the parts alone, and still managed to be priced competitively.

Being that its walmart they probably add one qt mobile one + 4qts cheap crap.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold