Originally posted by Judge:
Originally posted by todras:
Those that dis Miata are in the box checked for non- enthusiast.

compared to Vettes....Miata's are POOP

Miatas are also less that half the price. They are also much cheaper to:

a) buy gas and tires for
b) repair
c) mod

And there is a big difference in taste in cars. Two opposing fields are:

Autocrossers who like ultra-precise steering and handling more than anything else

Drag race/smokey burnout power guys who would buy a car without steering if it had 1000hp.

Power is fun! I love getting behind a V-8 and mashing the pedal! But I really love to rip up the corners, so I will probably own several Miatas before I die, but never a vette. That's just me. I also like the small sports cars because they can be run really hard without problems. You are more likely to break something/wreck/screw up with a high-hp car, and when you do it will cost you a lot more money. Now, if I had money? I would get on a list for the C6 Z06, have Lingenfelter work it over, and buy all the track time I could. But I don't. And it isn't all money, I would take an Elise over a Viper any day, if they were both cost-free. But like I said, to each his own. I do enjoy watching someone pour time into a huge V-8 and make 500+ hp, even if I wouldn't do it. I'll make you a deal: you can come along for the ride of your life in my tiny Miata, or whatever I'm autocrossing at the time, if you let me come along for a tire-burning joyride in your torque monster, whatever you end up making your next big thing.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results