Originally posted by Kane:
BTW: I'm from Iowa, so I guess the Midwest is just trustworthy...

Has nothing to do with it. Iowa has college towns, bad neighborhoods, and big city corporate mindsets too with "prepay only" because of to many people that do gas-n-runs. I've been to prepay pumps in MO, MN, IL, NE, WI, ND, SD...

I actually had a run in with a clerk in Bloomington, MN about prepay... I can't remember the name of the station, but it's on the corner of Normandale and Old Shakopee... not the Holiday station, but the one on the North side of the street.

I pulled up to the pump and started to set myself up and I hear a bit of static from the speaker system... no worries, right? Well, I continue to try to work the pump... making sure I have all of the buttons turned on, levers lifted or flipped, etc., following the instructions on the screen. It said "Authorizing pump" on it, so I just leaned back on the car for a few seconds, waiting for the pump to start. A little bit more static came out of the speakers, still no sound, just static noise. Then the clerk came out and screamed at me "HEY, I'M NOT TURNING ON YOUR PUMP BECAUSE YOU HAVE OUT OF STATE PLATES!" and that he had told me twice over the intercom.

So I calmly walk inside to prepay for my gas... get this, the clerk was holding the door for me and said "Haven't you ever worked a pump before?!?!?"... It was a yell fest after that... I got him good in front of another cashier and about 20 people inside, telling him that his intercom wasn't working for one, no signs stating prepay for out of state tags for another, and that his attitude was totally unnecessary. I demanded an apology...

The other cashier was an assistant manager and she started apologizing to me... That pissed me off even worse. She gave me a $5 free gas coupon, but I was still so mad that I ripped the coupon in two right in front of the original clerks face (he flinched, HA!) then walked out, put the pump away, and got in my car... I drove right across the street to the Holiday station and filled up WITHOUT PREPAYING AND NO HASSLES!!! NEENER NEENER! I've stopped at Holiday at least ten times since then and will never go back to the other one.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."