Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Hey guys.

Im super excited! After debating whether to take my good old SVT or my SRT4 to this upcoming open track day I have finally decided to give my tour the go! Thunderhill is big enough that it will be mostly all 3rd and 4th gear so I can't wait! Have a few things left to finish as far as prep. Hopefully the MTX-75 will survive. It's a damn shame AEM never made the Focus SVT front kit. I could use some better rotors!

Here is the list of entrants. Hopefully she'll stay in the front of the pack. Although there will be some bad ass cars there! I'll be down on HP but it's all over in the corners!

http://www.norcal-saac.org/news/0504thel.htm

Maybe the good old SVT can even spank my slower driving friend in his STI!!

Anyone local should come check out the Fords and say hello! Look for this...

1999 SVT Contour, 2004 SRT4 & Lots Others... Currently building my 1999 SVT for NASA's TT REAL racers do it twisty!!
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
You should enjoy the day.. I've have had my cougar up there for three "street driving school" days. *sigh* It does get old having all the faster cars fly by you on the straights..

- Rich LBC Performance Motorsports Group/AMSOIL '98 Cougar V6 ATX aka 'Candy Striper' Photos
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I've been up there with NASA and it is a blast. It does suck getting passed in the straights but you'll have a blast anyways.
Take notes as to what speeds you hit on the front/back straights and turn 1,2,7,8. I wish I did as I'd love to compare them to the first time I took my street bike up there.

Have fun and stay on the track!

-Jason

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
HEY! Ive always wanted to run my tour at thunderhill, just never checked into doing it. I only live like 1.5 hours away.

What all do I have to do to run with ya in april?

1999 CSVT-Black 15.8@89mph Driver for hire. PM me.
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by BURNTU2:
HEY! Ive always wanted to run my tour at thunderhill, just never checked into doing it. I only live like 1.5 hours away.

What all do I have to do to run with ya in april?

Hello...Would be great to have another 'tour!

It's a Nor Cal Shelby club event. It's ok though because the non member fee to run is only $20! I am registered for the 1/2 day Saturday. The 1/2 day is $125 and IIRC the full day Sunday is $225. After Saturday if I have enough brake and tire left I will probably register for the full day Sunday. Sunday is still pretty open. Saturday is as well and the Saturday AM school is all that is full so far.

Check out the Nor Cal Shelby site for info and to register.
http://www.norcal-saac.org/

After you click on the Spring Sprint Thunderhill event the registration is at the bottom! The rules are simple Snell helmet, gloves, pants, long sleeves and a small fire extinguisher mounted!

Hope to see ya there... Just have a manifold cleaning and some brake stuff to sort out for me and I am ready!

1999 SVT Contour, 2004 SRT4 & Lots Others... Currently building my 1999 SVT for NASA's TT REAL racers do it twisty!!
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I have the $300 Les Schwab tire special, they aren't rated for high speed, do you think this will be a problem with track officials? Plus they are 215's, instead of the stock 225 Since you are familiar with the track and I am not, I would like to pace you for a few laps, cool? I will run 6 to 6 1/2 qts oil, but I'm worried about starving the engine, I have the stock oil pan. Do I show up to the track with a full tank of gas, better weight distribution, right? Turns 6-9 and turns 15-1 look like good spots for topping out, what sort of top speed does your SVT hit on the course?

I think I'm going. I'll let you know for sure by Friday.

-Jake

1999 CSVT-Black 15.8@89mph Driver for hire. PM me.
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by BURNTU2:
I have the $300 Les Schwab tire special, they aren't rated for high speed, do you think this will be a problem with track officials? Plus they are 215's, instead of the stock 225 Since you are familiar with the track and I am not, I would like to pace you for a few laps, cool? I will run 6 to 6 1/2 qts oil, but I'm worried about starving the engine, I have the stock oil pan. Do I show up to the track with a full tank of gas, better weight distribution, right? Turns 6-9 and turns 15-1 look like good spots for topping out, what sort of top speed does your SVT hit on the course?

I think I'm going. I'll let you know for sure by Friday.

-Jake

Jake,

As long as there is tread they will pass the tires!

I have never ran my SVT at Thunderhill.. This will be the first time! If you do not have any open track experience you have to run the beginner group for at least the first session. I would definitely run a full tank!

If you come I would be happy to help in any way. I will be pitted with a Panoz, 05 STI and a bunch of SRT4's!! I will also be driving a 2500lb USTCC Prepped SRT4 whohoo!!! Can't wait!

Definitely going to gut my SVT to try to keep up on the straights!

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard