#1224305 03/29/05 05:59 PM
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
Bnoon one more question. When you say awakenings do you mean you literally wake up? because I sleep right through it all. My g/f said its probablt for a few seconds or so..but idunno. I guess I'll have to look into it more.

Actually with sleep apnea you will wake all those times, but you yourself wont recall waking at all. This is because it only happens for a split second and you never consciously realize it. Someone that sleeps with you would most likely be the only one to notice.

The reason why its so hard on your body,especially your heart is becaue you cut off O2 to your system and then your body jolts itself awake to open the passage ways to get the oxygen back into your system. My Dad has it really bad and this is all a what he has gone through.

There is a huge sleep study center in MN that specializes in sleep disorders.

Correct. You don't always wake up all the way each time, but the reverse can also be true if it happens often enough that you can actually get some amount of sleep and not even know it because you do wake up so often! On me, this was misdiagnosed as hypertensive insomnia, treated with sleep aids that actually made my sleep apnea worse. Good times. Dreams of drowning, falling, or any other instance that you would lose your breath are very common.

The jolting that your body does to wake itself and clear the airways are usually the most disruptive to your bed partner. My wife was tired of elbowing me in the middle of the night for me to roll over onto my side (apnea is worse on your back). For some people, it's as simple as sleeping with a "huggie pillow" to keep them on their side, or sleeping at an inclined position.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
#1224306 03/29/05 06:02 PM
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
So in other words you're bruised up like no other!

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
#1224307 03/29/05 06:03 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I'll have to look into it....and what my friggin insurance will cover

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
#1224308 03/29/05 10:07 PM
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B

First point is to make an appointment with your regular doctor. From there, they should be doing most of the finding out of what insurance does and does not cover. You pay them the money for premiums, make them do all of the work you can.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
#1224309 03/30/05 04:52 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by bnoon:

First point is to make an appointment with your regular doctor. From there, they should be doing most of the finding out of what insurance does and does not cover. You pay them the money for premiums, make them do all of the work you can.

yeah I know ever since our company changed to BCBS. Its sucked bigtime I get raped on perscriptions,and for some reason the discount for supporting doctors BCBS still isn't much. Going to the doctor is like going to a dealership

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
#1224310 03/30/05 07:09 PM
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by bnoon:

yeah I know ever since our company changed to BCBS. Its sucked bigtime I get raped on perscriptions,and for some reason the discount for supporting doctors BCBS still isn't much. Going to the doctor is like going to a dealership

I know how you feel. I'm with United Health care and from last year to this year we went from a 100% plan, with $10 copay for visits and $15 copay for scripts, to an 80/20 plan, with $15 copay on doctor visits and $40 copay on on scripts if your drugs are not on "the list" and $25 scripts copay if they happen to be one of the chosen few. On top of that, our premiums have gone up almost 30% for this lesser plan... If Canada had better weather, I'd move North. Free health care vs. a lesser dollar worth is an even trade off in my book.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard