Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
Good luck with the surgery. I know my mom has sleeping problems too she was on some machine. My G/F says I stop breathing in my sleep too for a period of time. I dunno I do know I snore like a chainsaw..might have to look into getting tested. Where di you go a normal doctor or a speciallist?

Go to your normal family doctor first and they'll discuss the options for more in depth tests in your area. You can also do some pretty significant searching online about it too. Have your girlfriend read the list of symtoms. If you have more than a couple symptoms, go see someone A.S.A.P.

If you stop breathing, that's not good... but it's not always apnea. It takes a certain length of stoppage, a body awakening, and frequency of stoppage to be apnea. No matter what they diagnose you with though, stopping breathing lowers your oxygen level in your blood, which causes your heart to race... which is why the risk is so high for heart attack and stroke. Only way to know for sure is to have someone check you out. You and your girlfriend will get more sleep and you'll end up with more energy, for uh... other things.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."