Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1224295 03/24/05 08:31 PM
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Ya I do, but the main joke was that I learned it from him!

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
#1224296 03/24/05 10:29 PM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Ya I do, but the main joke was that I learned it from him!

Hahaha thats great, I didnt know that!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
#1224297 03/25/05 11:19 PM
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by LilStripedRocket:
Good luck with the surgery, I hear it's rough for the first couple days.. but after words, it's pure bliss. Do you use a sleep machine? My dad does for his. Pretty serious stuff. He went for a sleep test a couple years ago and stopped breathing in his sleep for 3 1/2 minutes. Hasn't gained enough courage (or time off) to get teh surgery done.

Wow, you guys know more than I thought you would. They told me it was common, but I guess I just didn't believe!

My type of sleep apnea is even more serious than stopping breathing for one long period of time. If that's what your dad's main problem is, good for him. At least it's a bit more manageable. Mine is the kind where I stop breathing waaaaaaaaay to many times an hour. 20 awakenings an hour = bad sleep apnea, 30 times an hour = serious sleep apnea that needs to be treated including an increased risk to heart attack and/or stroke... I have 45 awakenings an hour!

I had a sleep machine since October. Could never get used to it due to the large difference in flow I would experience during an awakening vs. just going to sleep. Tried 4 different masks, 4 different pillows, different sleeping positions, etc. Sugery is the final option to try to beat this thing. Even if I have to go back on the sleep machine, at least the settings will hopefully become more manageable.

Originally posted by xchang:
Better late then never Brad. I had sleeping issues and they took out both my tonsils about 5 months ago. Hurt like a [censored] to yawn. I dunno what they are taking out or what procedure is gonna be done, but TAKE THE DRUGS... LOL!

Good luck and best wishes to you! There is always next year.

Good thing is, I won't have to yawn any more though, right? Even getting down to 20 awakenings an hour would make me feel so clinicly better than I am right now, I would feel cured! WAHOOOOOOOOO! I've already got 10mg of Ambien to knock me out to keep me asleep on the machine. More drugs legally?!?!? GIMMIE GIMMIE!

Originally posted by XKontour98:
Bummer man! I had the same proceedure done last xmas but for different reasons and the recovery was not fun! I know you dont want to hear it but its the truth and make sure you take things slow! Oh and dont drink/eat any dairy products, you'll get some nasty infection-DOH!

I know, I know... I've gone this far though and I am NOT going to use this freaking machine the rest of my life. Instead, hook me up to the five and a half horse Craftsman compressor in my garage, set the regulator to about 15 psi, and keep me oiled after every use... just like the impact gun...

Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Hope all goes well Brad. I just got tested for Sleep Apnea and am going in to get tested for narcalepsy. I just wish they would yank my tonisls.

I knew you were a Nark! Good luck man. I hope it's not serious. They can restrict your driving with that one (crosses fingers for you)

Originally posted by Buckshot77:
For better air flow silly! I'd hate to think of any other reasons for him removing things from his throat. That get's into the whole don't ask, don't tell policy! LOL

You think I should get before and after flow numbers from PnP? Before and after dyno RUN perhaps? What's my quarter mile time going to be? Should I improve my exhaust after making this induction mod? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Maybe I should shoot a video and do a SZ presentation for next year's SZ...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
#1224298 03/26/05 12:39 AM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Good luck with the surgery. I know my mom has sleeping problems too she was on some machine. My G/F says I stop breathing in my sleep too for a period of time. I dunno I do know I snore like a chainsaw..might have to look into getting tested. Where di you go a normal doctor or a speciallist?

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
#1224299 03/26/05 02:22 AM
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
Good luck with the surgery. I know my mom has sleeping problems too she was on some machine. My G/F says I stop breathing in my sleep too for a period of time. I dunno I do know I snore like a chainsaw..might have to look into getting tested. Where di you go a normal doctor or a speciallist?

Go to your normal family doctor first and they'll discuss the options for more in depth tests in your area. You can also do some pretty significant searching online about it too. Have your girlfriend read the list of symtoms. If you have more than a couple symptoms, go see someone A.S.A.P.

If you stop breathing, that's not good... but it's not always apnea. It takes a certain length of stoppage, a body awakening, and frequency of stoppage to be apnea. No matter what they diagnose you with though, stopping breathing lowers your oxygen level in your blood, which causes your heart to race... which is why the risk is so high for heart attack and stroke. Only way to know for sure is to have someone check you out. You and your girlfriend will get more sleep and you'll end up with more energy, for uh... other things.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
#1224300 03/26/05 05:36 AM
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by bnoon:

Wow, you guys know more than I thought you would. They told me it was common, but I guess I just didn't believe!

My type of sleep apnea is even more serious than stopping breathing for one long period of time. If that's what your dad's main problem is, good for him. At least it's a bit more manageable. Mine is the kind where I stop breathing waaaaaaaaay to many times an hour. 20 awakenings an hour = bad sleep apnea, 30 times an hour = serious sleep apnea that needs to be treated including an increased risk to heart attack and/or stroke... I have 45 awakenings an hour!

I had a sleep machine since October. Could never get used to it due to the large difference in flow I would experience during an awakening vs. just going to sleep. Tried 4 different masks, 4 different pillows, different sleeping positions, etc. Sugery is the final option to try to beat this thing. Even if I have to go back on the sleep machine, at least the settings will hopefully become more manageable.

Wees aynt dum peepol... edumakaytid i iz!

45 awakinings is some serious stuff. My dad average about 30... thus, the sleepmachine. It actually works VERY well for him, but I can tell the air passage ways when you lay down probably close up tight like Fort Knox. I'm sure you are probably pumped a bit to get the procedure done, be able to get a GOOD nights rest for once. Once again, best of luck man... drink lots of milkshakes.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
#1224301 03/26/05 01:41 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
sorry to hear that..and i hope the surgery goes well, my step father has it as well, although no were as severe as you....good luck and hope to see ya next year...btw they whey things are looking i'm on the verge of being out as well.

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
#1224302 03/26/05 01:45 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Bnoon one more question. When you say awakenings do you mean you literally wake up? because I sleep right through it all. My g/f said its probablt for a few seconds or so..but idunno. I guess I'll have to look into it more.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
#1224303 03/26/05 08:36 PM
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
I have a friend who I swear must have sleep apnea, but he hasn't gotten tested to prove it.
They recently got a tempurpedic bed (since we raved about ours so much) and he said it has helped his sleep/snoring dramatically. I still urged him to go get tested but he's stinkin cheap and stubborn.

Best of luck to you.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
#1224304 03/27/05 06:16 AM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
Bnoon one more question. When you say awakenings do you mean you literally wake up? because I sleep right through it all. My g/f said its probablt for a few seconds or so..but idunno. I guess I'll have to look into it more.

Actually with sleep apnea you will wake all those times, but you yourself wont recall waking at all. This is because it only happens for a split second and you never consciously realize it. Someone that sleeps with you would most likely be the only one to notice.

The reason why its so hard on your body,especially your heart is becaue you cut off O2 to your system and then your body jolts itself awake to open the passage ways to get the oxygen back into your system. My Dad has it really bad and this is all a what he has gone through.

There is a huge sleep study center in MN that specializes in sleep disorders.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard