Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
OP Offline
H
So I get up early this morning, and walk out to my car. I get to the car, which I keep under a car cover. The first thing in notice is water pooling on the cover, right over the roof of the car, I put my hand on where the water is pooling, WTF! The whole roof is caved in!!!!! I take the cover off to reveal a huge dent, about as big as a person. I live near the uc Berkeley campus in the frat area. DRUNKEN IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE PEOPLE!!!!!! WHY ME!!!!!!!!!!! of course nobody was around when this happened, or saw anything, and I don't have any kind of un-insured motorist coverage, because I can't afford it. So, thinking this was my only option at the time, I drove to about 6 different auto body shops, all of which quoted me between 2,100-2,400 for a complete roof replacement, including new rubber seals and all that jazz. The one I decided to take it to if I decide to fix it seemed like he was more knowledgeable and experienced then the other guys. He had the brilliant idea of first just taking off the headliner which he would need to do anyway in order to install a new roof piece, and just trying to punch the dent out, then, if it still looked bad we'd go ahead and replace the roof. So basically he'd try to fix it for the cost of the labor (2hrs=about $140) if it's no good, do the complete fix for around $2300 minus the labor for the headliner removal. The new roof piece is only $650, it's the labor that kills me, at least 17 hours! I really can't afford it, and I don't want it to look like crap. the metal is streached, but no folds or cracks. Any advice or help you guys can give me would be VERY MUCH oppriciated! I AM SOOOOOOOO PISSED OFF, I can barely type. Anybody own or know of a good auto body shop? cheap? GRRRRRRRRRR! Thank you for your time!
Here are some pics:

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
i bet they could bang that out pretty easly and what isnt perfect they can do a little filler and paint. Still a whole alot cheaper then replacing the whole thing.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
OMG. Sorry I can't offer any help in the department of repairs but I just wanted to say damn. I feel you. Good luck on getting it fixed and hopefully it will bang out nicely and won't be too expensive.

Adrian 1999 CSVT, Tropic Green #1925/2760 Bosal Exhaust / B&M Shifter / Quad projector 4300K HID
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
you should be able to pop that out, it doesn't look (at least from the photos) that there is any creases. so you may get lucky. well as much as one can. also I would put up a couple of flyers saying that you'd pay a reward for info on who did it. good luck

Built April 18th 1998 #5770 of 6535 Reborn: July 11, 2004 3L and gone again 12/13/2005 new ride: 98 Silver frost SVT with all my old goodies!!!!
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
There are suction cups you can buy to pull dents. Shops also have them, and im not sure on the price to purches them. You would be amazed at how well they work. I had a really bad dent on my truck bed once. Hooked up the suction cup, pumped it up and with a lot of strenth pulled it out. It was nearly perfect.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Wow, I'm so sorry about that happening man, I know I would lose it if something like that happened to mine. Stupid frat idiots, I bet he was probably helling "woohooo, BEER!!" while he was doing it too. If were to find ever find out who is responsible for it what would you do? I know call the cops but I would be so heated I think I might try to beat the dudes face in. Anyways I have used the suction cup method on my 86 benz and believe me, if it can pull a dent out of that tank im pretty sure it can do one of our cars. It might not be perfect but it will be a 95 percent inprovement from what you have now.

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
just in case pulling it out doesn't work, i've got a sawzall. we'll make that badboy the world's first convertible cabriolet. you'll be famous! (at least in CEG)

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

H
OP Offline
H
Yeah, if i somehow figured out who did it, I wouldn't be able to contain myself. I'm a peaceful person, but some things (like this) would cause me to blow up in a fit of super-human rage, nothing would stop me from locking around that motherfuc*ers neck like a rabid pit bull. The smart thing to do would be to call the cops, but my mindset would be far from thinking about "the smart thing to do". I thought about making a police report, but with my experience with the police, that wouldn't do anything but waste valuable "seething with anger" time. Police are always there to screw you over when you don't expect it, and never there to help when you need it. "to protect and serve" FU*K THAT! NO GOOD TICKET GIVING PIGS! FU*K YOU!

Thanks everybody for your input and concern, makes me feel a little less.........bloodthirsty. I just need to punch something....really hard.......

Hopefully, when I take it in on monday, they can make it look ok without the whole roof replacement. *prays*

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
in all seriousness, if you can find out which frat threw that party, you might be able to get them to pay. especially if you can get the university to help you by applying some pressure. or maybe to the greek council (or whatever they call it).

some might say that it's not their fault that one of their partygoers did this but they are supposed to ensure that their parties dont end up damaging the neighborhood or they can lose privileges and what not. imagine if they did this to a police car, i guarantee you that frat would be willing to help out all they could.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

H
OP Offline
H
ALL of the frats threw a party that night, it was st. Patricks day. However, the one that usually is one of the more idiotic and loud ones is across the street and about 30ft down the hill from where my car was parked. There is only 1 problem, PROOF, somehow, I would have to get proof. When I first noticed the damage, I was outside yelling and cursing, and these guys came over and started talking about illegal tenants or something. They had called the police on them, and thought maybe they had something to do with it. They never mentioned actually seeing anything. They had already been waiting on the ever-so-helpful police for an hour and a half. I was just focused on trying to get it fixed, I had already pretty much given up on finding out who it was, so I decided to leave. I wasn't really thinking straight so I didn't get their name or number or anything so I could call them to see what the police did. I just left and was like: "When the police come, let them know these FU*KING people are wrecking cars! FU*K!". I thought about going door to door around the immediate area, but decided that wouldn't do anything but make me look crazy and let whoever did it or their friends know that I was pissed and looking for them. The reward poster thing might be a good idea, but knowing how a lot of the people are around here, I think it would just lead to a lot of crank calls or crack-heads calling trying for the reward money. BUT, you never know 'till you try I guess...

Thanks everybody again for the ideas! Lets hear some more!

(I'm broke! No Money!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard