Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by baco99:
I'll bring my tools and a donor Mondeo to convert Ed's car to AWD.

and those "sold" calipers,pads,rotors in your sig .....i'll bring the brake bleading kit and fluid...should i buy new rotors baco??

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by tour96se:
Originally posted by baco99:
I'll bring my tools and a donor Mondeo to convert Ed's car to AWD.

and those "sold" calipers,pads,rotors in your sig .....i'll bring the brake bleading kit and fluid...should i buy new rotors baco??

i think the rotors are in very good shape.

you'll want to take the paint and dust off the other caliper before installing, tho. get ready to get dirty.

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by Ed98.5SVT:
Are we going to be doing a 3L swap at Elky's

Yeah, lets do mine and Goonz!!!

I still need someone to swap mine when it comes in.

hahah not mine yet! I just gave the order to Buckshott, 4 - 6 weeks...thats gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time for me

have you guys ever done an engine swap???

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I can help you, but I would have no idea how to do it. I guess two people without a clue is better than one!

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
I can help you, but I would have no idea how to do it. I guess two people without a clue is better than one!

It's easy. Just disconnect the motor mounts and take out the old engine. How hard can it be?

1998.5 E1 SVT Contour #5482/6535
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G

It's easy. Just disconnect the motor mounts and take out the old engine. How hard can it be?

oh jesus, Tony I guess we can look for an alternative here

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

oh jesus, Tony I guess we can look for an alternative here

Damn, it was worth a shot.

Our swap is not going to be as easy as just swapping 2 totally built engines.

The 2.5 parts are being built over a 3L shortblock, if I understand it correctly.

So the 2.5 needs to be pulled out, disassembled, build up the 3L with 2.5 parts and then install the complete engine.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
It all sounds so simple. Every once in a while I get this urge to attempt a big project like a 3l hybrid. I tell myself, "it's easy Randy, just put your parts on a 3l block and put it in the car." I get excited....I pop the hood....then I get scared again.

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
It all sounds so simple. Every once in a while I get this urge to attempt a big project like a 3l hybrid. I tell myself, "it's easy Randy, just put your parts on a 3l block and put it in the car." I get excited....I pop the hood....then I get scared again.

haha lmao....i'm glad i'm not the only one with the SAME EXACT feelings...i always tell myself,how hard could it be...then i try to do something generic like...change the rear o2 and it takes me 2 hours,or the altenator which without powertools took me 9

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by tour96se:

haha lmao....i'm glad i'm not the only one with the SAME EXACT feelings...i always tell myself,how hard could it be...then i try to do something generic like...change the rear o2 and it takes me 2 hours,or the altenator which without powertools took me 9

yea..mine is getting built up the the 3L short block as well, shawn at arizona dyno chip recommended me getting PNP heads. Those cost around $1200 (that I dont have) and would also pretty much complete the build up process by 80% in a very short time. I'm just goin with the regular 3L short block install. Tony we gotta pick up "3.0L" badges now to slap on the back of the car

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard