Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
How long is the meet going to be that day?

I work every Saturday but if it goes long enough maybe I'd go. Who knows.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
How long is the meet going to be that day?

I work every Saturday but if it goes long enough maybe I'd go. Who knows.

Elky meets have longevity, IIRC...

Bring a sleeping bag and a bottle of water.

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
correct, like Elky said, these meets usually carry over into Sunday, right up until bedtime sometimes.

Elkster, you planning on buying a bunch of meat again this year and put out the donations box?

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by mean'tour:
Originally posted by ElKy:
Originally posted by bpwu:
it is definitly the 7th.

D-OH!!! Guess I'll have to catch y'all at another gathering.

well...these spring meets usually carry over to sunday too.
so if you will be around sunday(i forget why you said you couldnt make it) come on by.

as for bringing stuff...bring what you like.
i think i will start another thread next week so people can list stuff they are bringing and to find out who is coming.

goonz...we will probably be staying away from the brewery.
besides...theres a lickher store at the end of my street

If I bring supplies and tools, would people mind showing a newbie to Auto repair/maintenance how to change oil, coolant, transaxle fluids? I also need a wheel bearing replaced, how hard is that? Front end alignment? (I've had one bearing replaced before- my car has made a loud sound when turning left for a while now).

I am coaching my son's soccer team, so I couldn't be there until around 11:30-noon.

Let me know if that might be a possibility and what to bring. If not, it's not a problem. I thought it might be a good opportunity to meet some people and learn some stuff.

...the bearing might be a little to labor intensive for this type of meet..but who knows..if you've been driving on it for awhile you might want to check out that the hub/spindle isnt/hasnt been "bored"out..even just the slightest could cost you a new bearing,quickly..i found out the hard way just last month

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

Elkster, you planning on buying a bunch of meat again this year and put out the donations box?

I've already made a contribution. For you first timers, remember to bring some extra cash. Elky goes all out, and its worth it!

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
well I'm bringing a new srpentine belt and who ever wants to put it in is more then welcome to cause I have noo idea how to and from what I hear, its a PITA, but you guys are awesome and I'm sure will figure it out

F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
fluid changes are easy
you'd need to bring all the proper replacement fluids & filter, as well as the containers to both catch the old fluid and contain them for transporting to the proper disposal facilities.

here's the how to for changing the tranny fluid:
link
and the coolant change how to:
link

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
goonz, the serp belt is pretty easy, just make sure you bring the breaker tool, or maybe elky has one,if not you can rent one at autozone.

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
fun fun fun!!!

as kim said you can do flid changes here as long as you take your old fluids with you and if you have a drain bucket or something to catch it in bring that too.
and please, no messes in teh garage...the hearse already made a big one.

the bearing might be a little difficult to do at the meet, maybe it could be attempted on sunday.

as for food, i found another place to get steak tips, these ones melt in your mouth.

like i said before i will be starting another thread soon for people to list who is coming and whether or not they are bring ing anything.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
as for food, i found another place to get steak tips, these ones melt in your mouth.

oh man, your steak tips

I really hope I get a job this summer that doesn't require weekends (interviewing Wednesday at my dad's work ) ... I'm missing out on so much ...

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard