Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Quote:

monochromatic color combo

Kind of an oxymoron there huh....

Dude, do your car how you want, people have opinions and they vary extremely, you're not going to please everybody. I wouldn't buy one though...

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
isn't $150 shipping a bit much?

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
go RAIDERS!!! oh wait, i heard black and silver and thought this was about.....oh nevermind

that's what i think of when i think of getting a cf hood for my silver csvt. especially if i get black windows and the cf redneck trunk.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Hey come on guys... it's a hood! It can come on and off whenever!

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I think it will look sick. Congrats on the win. Although it's not really a GOOD deal (aka, still cost over 400.00). But, atleast you got one. I think it looks better than the regual CF hood. If I ever bought one, I would get the cowl hood as well, but I'd be diffrent and have it painted to match the car. Now that would look sick.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by LilRedRocket:
I think it will look sick. Congrats on the win. Although it's not really a GOOD deal (aka, still cost over 400.00). But, atleast you got one. I think it looks better than the regual CF hood. If I ever bought one, I would get the cowl hood as well, but I'd be diffrent and have it painted to match the car. Now that would look sick.

Carbon fiber can be painted??????

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I beleive so. There are quite a few people with CF hoods that have painted them. CF is just a woven fibourous resin. A corvette body is resin... helmets are resin..... hockey sticks are CF.....

Last edited by LilRedRocket; 03/16/05 01:59 PM.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by durateX:
Hey come on guys... it's a hood! It can come on and off whenever!

And don't take it off just because a bunch of jealous CEG'ers say they don't like it.. It's not their car and they aren't paying for your mods.. I think it'll look good, as I've already seen the CF cowl hood on both ScottD & Chris Wong's Silver SVTs.. With the black wheels it'll look damn good..

If you're looking for opinions, and you have the extra $$$, you might look into getting it painted.. I believe Mikey Boy did a photoshop of Stazi's car with his cowl hood painted Silver to match and it looked fuggin' badass!!

Stazi's hood P/S'd Silver

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by LilRedRocket:
I beleive so. There are quite a few people with CF hoods that have painted them.

I thought the purpose of having a carbon fiber hood was to show off the um... what's that thingamabob called... oh... yeah... the carbon fiber? LOL

XL

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Depends on your taste. The REAL people who by CF parts is for the lightness. 16 pound hood versus a god know how heavy steel one. The fact is, you can't get a steel cowl induction hood.. and some people want it to look "factory". Do a search for a t-red svt with a cowl hood that was painted... inthe pics forumn a month or two ago. He also had milan projectors.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard