Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by gotapex:
Picture of the ugly end of the vehicle (rear end) in front of a fine dining establishment:

i thought that Denny's looked familiar. is that Denny's on the "strip"?

oh yeah, noice car!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I noticed that this month's Car & Driver had a letter from a guy who bought a Noble and proclaimed it to be garbage. Seen it? My guess is it's sour grapes from an "average" owner, not someone who's got the skills you and your wrenching buddies do.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
I noticed that this month's Car & Driver had a letter from a guy who bought a Noble and proclaimed it to be garbage. Seen it? My guess is it's sour grapes from an "average" owner, not someone who's got the skills you and your wrenching buddies do.

Actually, it was a Superformance S1 he purchased in 2002, I believe. The rolling chassis is put together in the same factory, but they're completely different designs. I agree though. It seems the difference between those that love their component cars and those that have a complete nightmare on their hands is their choice of mechanics.

Anyhow, it looks like I completely fried the heat shield blanket on my turbos, in under 1000 miles. I may have chosen the wrong company's product.

Before:

After:

The entire heat shield has a black felt-like material on the underside. Every part of it that touched the turbo completely burnt off. Not even dust remained.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Whoops that sucks Guess those babies are getting a little warm you must be driving it right then

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
If that rear end is what you call ugly, then you must have been raised on milk and honey! Wow!

G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Thats it. I guess a guy drove it in. Since my buddy saw it the first time, he said it was the same car, looks like its owned by a guy. Were that turbo NSX you mentioned to me,lol?

jorligan, from NSX Prime.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=431675#post431675

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49786

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43173

Anyhow...

Got my replacement turbo blankets. These things better last.

G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Got the pair of 8" Zirgo fans in. They're the highest performing narrow 8" fans I could find, each rated at 1000 cfm's.

http://www.zirgo.com/detail.lasso?itemid=ZF8

Installing the fans, we had to shave a good section off of the bezel to give us the amount of clearance we wanted. We pretty much shaved it within a few mm of the blades. If we wanted more clearance, we would have needed to shave the bottoms, to drop the fans down more, but that was unnecessary.

The wiring is not complete yet, of course, nor is the intercooler box screwed back on the chassis yet.

Here is the view from the front:

Here is the temp sensor plug. We haven't decided for sure whether to silicon glue it into the end tank of the intercooler (right below the exit pipe), or mount it on the fins on the outside. Inside will give a more accurate reading, though it does present some risks as well.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
They are just like the blanket I have from the ADC kit. Mines held up fine.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
me want a noble now.......wish i had 70k

what is the total you have spent making the kit car

2000 mercury cougar V6 5spd 3.0L SVT mated to my HMS tranny...... a wolf in sheeps clothing
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Stazi:
They are just like the blanket I have from the ADC kit. Mines held up fine.

Great, thanks. Just got the forward one in, which was by far the more difficult one. I'm hoping to not have to replace them again.

Originally posted by fordrule:
me want a noble now.......wish i had 70k
what is the total you have spent making the kit car

Depends on model (GTO-3R or M400) and options. Normally, they cost between $75k and $100k.

Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard