Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
wasn't the duratec a joint project between ford and porsche/cosworth? that may explain things.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
It was all Porsche engineering. Cosworth is responsible for the process used in the cylinders, I believe.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
gotapex, since engine and trans is sold seperate from the noble, where does everyone get the getrag 6 speed from?

Snakebite performance, the sister company to 1gracing (the US distributor for Noble Cars).

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
This is great stuff.

Thanks for posting all the pictures. Now I want to see the finished product w/ some dyno plots so I can drool endlessly.

-J

'98 4Runner
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by gotapex:
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
gotapex, since engine and trans is sold seperate from the noble, where does everyone get the getrag 6 speed from?

Snakebite performance, the sister company to 1gracing (the US distributor for Noble Cars).

Thanks for the info.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
It really is about 1/2 as tall as the VW next to it:

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Congrats on getting it completed. How would you(or your tech) rate the diffculty of installtion. Assuming the person perfoming the operation is expereinced. Also what about tuning. I beleive theY send you a pre-programed pcm correct? But what about when doing upgrades, i.e. exhaust, tb, boost etc...

Oh and you need some videos man. The last link did not work for me.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Congrats on getting it completed. How would you(or your tech) rate the diffculty of installtion. Assuming the person perfoming the operation is expereinced. Also what about tuning. I beleive theY send you a pre-programed pcm correct? But what about when doing upgrades, i.e. exhaust, tb, boost etc...

Oh and you need some videos man. The last link did not work for me.

Thanks. It was kind of a long process, because I wanted to get a bunch of upgrades done at the same time. But at the end, it's all worth it.

The installation isn't horribly difficult, but you need some measure of familiarity with the basic workings of a car.

In terms of the tuning, there's nothing to do with the stock one. Everything is already set. However, I purchased a boost controller, which I still need to play around with, and a traction control system, which I still need to tune. Of the two, the traction control system will probably be more involved, especially since I got the full throttle shifting option, and the launch control option.

BTW, the Fidanza clutch (for the Contour) is GREAT! The car rev's up almost like a motorcycle. The Noble clutch is really REALLY short though, so it takes some getting used to. I've stalled it a few times.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

BTW, the Fidanza clutch (for the Contour) is GREAT! The car rev's up almost like a motorcycle. The Noble clutch is really REALLY short though, so it takes some getting used to. I've stalled it a few times.

You mean the Fidanza Flywheel?

I'm surprised you use one for a 2.5 in there. You know they just released one for the 3.0L Duratec for the Mazda6? There's probably not much difference though.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by sigma:
Quote:

You mean the Fidanza Flywheel?

I'm surprised you use one for a 2.5 in there. You know they just released one for the 3.0L Duratec for the Mazda6? There's probably not much difference though.

Oops, yeah. The flywheel, not clutch.

The stock noble flywheel is the SVT contour one.

I wonder what differences are between the Contour one and the Mazda one.

Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard