Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
This is the first Noble in the states in the summer of '03 at Road America. Love that blue!

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Which event? Damnit I was probably there and missed it!

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Brian Redman Challenge.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Thought I'd whore my sightings.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Very nice.

Tiff drove the hell out of that car in TG.

Question: Assuming MSDS + true duals / trubendz exhaust piping, does jethotting the headers and using the exhaust insulation wrapping give a dyno increase ? Or is it just a placebo kinda effect ? (On SVT's of course)

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by ODC:
Very nice.

Tiff drove the hell out of that car in TG.

Question: Assuming MSDS + true duals / trubendz exhaust piping, does jethotting the headers and using the exhaust insulation wrapping give a dyno increase ? Or is it just a placebo kinda effect ? (On SVT's of course)

IDk about dyno numbers, it just aids in bringing engine bay temps down a lil bit.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

I was a bit surprised at the 4 x 108 hubs. Honestly it is a bit of a pain, because it means that upgrading my rims requires quite a bit of money. Stock, they're:

18 x 8.5" front, 5.5" backspacing
18 x 10" rear, 6.75" backspacing

2.5" center hole.

Another problem is the calipers, which are pretty big. They tend to be close to the spokes, especially on the front rims.

A 5 bolt system would give us a lot more options in terms of wheels. The vast majority of light wheels do seem to be 5 lug, especially the ones I seem to like. I'm considering waiting for those carbon fiber / titanium ones to come down in price a bit.

On turbocharged applications Jet-Hot should increase the HP a little bit, but I would say probably not more than a few HP. It'll also increase spool up speed a tad. The main benefit is really the heat management though.

If you take a look at that blue car above, that was the GTO-3. You can tell by the headlights. The steel gray car is a GTO-3R.

The M400 looks like a GTO-3R on the exterior, except it has enlarged side vents, slightly different coloring on exterior trim pieces, and anthracite wheels. I got mine in the silver though, since black on black is a bit too much for me.

BTW, if you guys have time, come visit us at http://www.nobleforums.com. That's the US owner's forum for Nobles. It would be great to exchange ideas. Though not everything will work cross platform, I'm sure there's stuff that we can both benefit from.

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
I think I am gonna be sick...

G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
The exhaust is almost done. Stock system is kinda weird. Starts with two 2.5" mandrel bent pipes, one per turbo. Goes out to a pair of cats. Then, goes into a Y pipe, and into 1 muffler. Goes from the muffler out to two tips.

Here's a picture of one of the cats. Both are identical.

The weird thing is the muffler. The inlet is that pipe on the right side. The outlets are the holes on the left:

Here it is again:

You can see the air goes into that pipe on the right, then through those tiny holes in the pipe (which is terminated at the end of the muffler body, as you can see), into the body of the muffler, into the tiny holes on the left pipe, and then out through the tips. There's no packing or anything.

I replaced it with this system:

No cats (not required for kit cars), though they can be put back in pretty easily. 2.5" mandrel bent straight through. Two borla mufflers. Stock tips (which are upside down in that picture, but they're not attached yet). We tried to get slightly tighter bends (though still mandrel) for the rear turbo, since the piping is a bit shorter, just to even out the resistance a bit.

Turned it on for the first time. Pretty pleased by the sound.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
You are living my frickin' dream, man. Thanks for this great thread.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard