Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
If you lived a little closer, you'd be in luck. At the local Pick and Pull, there is a V8 Taurus SHO with a salvage title for sale, everything is there but a valve cover...

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
What do you recommend he use off a V8 SHO engine for his 3L build?

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Hydramatic:
If you lived a little closer, you'd be in luck. At the local Pick and Pull, there is a V8 Taurus SHO with a salvage title for sale, everything is there but a valve cover...

Ummmmm........yeah

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
According to my measurements, there is room for a V8 under the hood on a Contour. Not enough room for a V8 AND a transmission though.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
...and if you really have some extra cash you can throw a set of headers on there as well as a CAI, Use the SVT cams that came with the SVT... Yeah, you will push some major power. Believe me, listen to all of these guys, you will be unhappy with an ATX duratec contour that is all show and no go if what you want is speed. Your best bang for a buck would be to build up a 3L.

Geez, some people just fail to read the last post sometimes...

Originally posted by CSVT#49:
So far I have not done that much to it.

-Mirko Splitter
-WR Headers (sitting in a box, waiting to buy flex pipe)
-Painted inner headlights black
-Saleen numbering on front bumper (thanks Parkedcar)
-Blacked out taillights
-Aftermarket Amplifier after finding out that all of the speakers in the car are RF 6x8's.
-Still saving money for a 3L and turbo.

So I bought the car in it's entirety and repaired it. I currently drive it to work everyday.

Thanks for the info though, I've already done research and theres a '04 3.0L from a Sable 50 miles from my house with 4k on it for $625. Unforantely I don't have the time nor the money to get involved with this project yet. I have to install my headers on the car and then proceed to complete the fence around my yard so my dogs don't run off and then redo my driveway so that I have a place to park my Camaro. Which will leave me with little money. Did I mention I'm trying to save money for my wedding too... lol.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Hydramatic:

I would never buy an SHO V8 motor to put in my car even if it did fit. The engine in my opinion is a steaming pile. They only managed to get 15 more HP out of a V8 when they had 220 out of the 3.2L 92-95 SHO V6 motors. Not to mention those things are notorious for having the cam gears walk down the cam shaft and cause the valvedrain to grenade. Run away from the 96-99 SHO's like you just faced death in the face.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard