Quote:

Anyway heres a little more info on the CSVT. I do not actually have it at my house, yet. Its in the process of getting shipped here. I spoke with the previous owner quite indepth the other day to try and figure out what exactly happen to the engine when it blew. This is what he said. His mechanic told him it threw a rod (which is what I expected) and that the rod went through the oil pan, killing it.

that would be kinda hard to do. but still possible.

Quote:

Assuming that I can keep the heads I wouldnt mind having a 3L bottom end on it, plus it seems like they are pretty cheap and easy to find with the abundance of Taurus's. I'm curious though... the 3L your talking about are these the 92-95 Taurus engines or the newer style 00+ 3L's. I also read on the shoshop.com website that these engines have to be modified to fit the CSVT heads. I dont have the time to actually do the engine swap myself my dads friend will probably do it for me. Both my dad and this friend of his work for Ford so I can get parts for cheap.

even if the heads are damaged you can still use the cams which would be a better choice then using the 2.5L heads. The 3L heads will flow better and have an extra drain back so the oil doesn't pool in the heads nearly as much. as for the year well you have to make a decision as to what year you want. check this FAQ out to see which path you would like to take. me personally i would go with a 01+ 3L. also check the 3L section on here too.

as for the parts that are the same from a regular 2.5 to the svt 2.5

well if you broke a rod you could just get some regular 2.5 rods and use those, gonna spend a decent amount tho. if the block is cracked a regular 2.5 block will work but you will need to swap a lot of parts off the svt to make the new engine like the old. check this site to see what difference between the 2 cars are. linky

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc