Originally posted by SHOTIME2669:

-I will as far as the externals of the car are concerned have a CSVT looking car for 3/4 less of the price of what a used CSVT costs.

Exactly. Your not factoring in the Resale value of ATX vs SVT. Think about it this way. Whatever money you put into your contour, you're not going to make back when you sell the car 3 yrs later. You sell your ATX contour and invest part of that money into your SVT, (say $3k) assuming everything else is in good condition you now have a car with new engine that's worth 2-3 times as much as your ATX contour. With your 1k purchase price + 3k investment, you would get to drive it for couple years and still make a profit out of it. it seems like a no brainer to me, financially.

I don't know why so many people are trying to persuade you to keep the car, you should just do what you want it's your money. Instead people should start calling dibs on buying the SVT w/o engine w/o seats w/o body kit, there's a handful of guys here that would gladly take a car in that condition for the price you got it for - perfect for a project.

00 CSVT #390