Originally posted by carbonfiberone:
Mark,
Thanks for your feedback. We do take all things into consideration since if our parts don't sell, it does us no good. With this particular trunk, however, the mold is already completed and the part will be in production soon, which means there will be no further modifications and tweaks.

that being said, here are pictures of test fit Round 2.

IMHO your way of thinking for a dieing platform is totally backwards. You should be trying to appeal to the largest group not a select few if you care about product sales...this is what totally baffles me and many more around this board. If there were no CEG you would have pretty much ZERO sales. This site is probably 100% responsible at this point for keeping the Contour alive or even treading water in the world of performance auto's and yet you ignore what we say

As for the CF1 trunk the fit looks better but still not feeling the look at all...it still looks like a Chevy Cavalier rear spoiler on a Contour and MILES yes MILES away from a BMW. How about showing a pic straight on from the side not angled views. This view seems to be avoided for some reason? As said before...a OEM CF trunk either pre-98 or post-97 would have been a hit. You would get the same price. You could have made a couple of different CF spoilers and sold them for $200-$300 and made everyone happy, sold MANY more and made more money as well with trunk and spoiler sales. I stand buy my comments 100%. I will not buy a CF truck lid just because it is the only one like some here will do. I probably would have bought an OEM trunk and then picked my own spoiler that fit my choice and car. I am not overly happy with my CF1 cowl hood and it's issues to say the least but that's another subject in itself.

The interest in our cars is very much appreciated but the product is still a major a blunder just like the cowl hood and it's "bird bath". You would have sold MUCH more without it ! Just do a search on it over the last year and you will definitely see.

You will however appeal to the 16-17 year olds that will buy or say they are going to buy them basically because they will buy anything with carbon fiber even if it looks like sh!t or not just because it's carbon fiber and it's sooooooo cool

The only way I'd consider this trunk lid is if you practically gave it to me for helping you sell the CF1 Cowl Hood
By the way...How many CF1 cowl hoods have you sold to date ?
When do I get my check for the unauthorized advertisements on your website and on eBay using MY car to sell your products
http://www.carbonfiberone.com/commerce/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=129&cat=Hoods+%28Unless+noted+as+FRP+or+fiberglass%2C+all+hoods+are+made+of+Carbon+Fiber%29#

pic used on CF1 website and CF1 eBay auctions...

And now my pic of my car in my driveway from my "FotoTime" account...

Good luck...maybe you will sell 6 or 8 if your lucky.

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew