Originally posted by RyeLou:

If they can't see the lights on either side of the damn car they shouldn't be driving.

But you know as well as I that people like that do, and will continue to drive.

For some people, especially at a distance, they can only see the stop lamps on the sides when they transition from dim to bright....if they're bright when you first see them, you may not be able to tell if it is indeed the stop lamps. This is where the third lamp provides a clear and obvious distinction.

Also think about the number of cars equipped with rear foglamps (and consequently, the number of people that drive around all the time with the rear fogs on)....it's becoming harder to distinguish nowadays when the side lamps are actually lit up in the stop mode...or if they're just bright.

...Seems like majority of the X-Types I see driving around have the rear fogs on....very annoying.

Originally posted by RyeLou:

You can't tell me you've never broken a traffic law, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I took out my 3rd brake light about 3 years ago.

The "breaking a traffic law" analogy isn't really the point. It's not about breaking a law, many actions can "break the law," but it doesn't mean that the magnitude of these actions is the same. You may not have had any problems, but a minuscule number of cars out of the whole population is isn't really justification.

Last edited by amarv12; 04/22/05 05:51 AM.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=