Originally posted by livinsvt:
Originally posted by Stazi:
OK, it looks better one colour. If you look at the relationship between the high points, it's not that tall after all. It may just look good BUT how about throwing that trunk onto a contour for a second and snapping a coupla photos from a few angles to see how it actually looks on the car????

Thats the plan I beleive, Dion is a busy guy. So I imagine he will be down there ASAP.

It's not that tall in person, but it's definetly a step or ten above my old M5 lip spoiler.

The side profile picture is the one that has the bad view, as you cannot see any of the curve/tapering of the top edge. If you look at the rear view or 3/4 view, the tapered edges are more pronounced and don't appear as NASCAR-like.

I talked with a couple of the guys at CF1 today, and this will be going to the mold process early next week. I don't have time to go down there to put the trunk on the car for photos, so sorry about that. I can tell you that even though it's not to everyone's liking, nothing ever will be. Somebody will always disagree. If you can open up and use a little imagination, you will see it will look better than expected. I know I will have to run my Mirko almost full-time to help balance the look, but I think it will be worth it.

I don't want to discuss business practice and how things "should be done," mainly because I don't own this business and wouldn't want to. Anyone can come on here and say they would do this or that, but have they? CF1 has come on here and produced two hoods and now a trunk lid. There are two other companies that produce hoods, and one, two years later, is still having issues and has only gotten a few out there, and we have yet to see another hood installed on a car. Brett is the one to thank for his efforts, as he's the one that found this company out here when he's in Michigan. I'm only involved because I did test fits for CF1 when the latches had gone off, and because I'm closer to the office/shop than Brett is. Again, I'm not discussing business practice, just some facts about other businesses.

I'm happy for the Contour group because there are still companies that will cater to the smaller crowd like us.

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products