As I stated before when they were 1st talking about this...make a stock OEM trunk lid, probably a pre-98. This would more than likely satisfy just about everyone, if you want to add a Lip, wing, etc. you would have that option to pick something that is of your own particular taste and choice. If CF1 was smart about this they could create a couple of carbon fiber spoilers/wings to sell as well that fit an OEM CF trunk lid. I think they really screwed up here. As for all you guys coming out and saying "if it's anything like the CF1 cowl hood it will be awesome". Well, apparently you don't have one or haven't looked at one very closely I do have one and in general I like it (from a distance and in pic's) but if I had to buy it over again I probably wouldn't. The fit is poor and the finish and overall quality is average at best. I would consider my hood a "BLEM" but it was not sold to me that way�I paid full price. This CF1 Trunk Lid w/Old School Spoiler is just like the mistake they made on the Cowl hood's useless little scoop/bird bath they put in the center of the hood. If they had asked CEG up front they would have found out that ~90% would NOT have wanted the scoop. The current pole in this thread is clearly showing the same about the CF1 trunk lid as well. With such a small market this clearly was not a smart move on their part. Lets face it this car is a dying bread and in general not very desirable to the majority of the general public or even car enthusiast. IMHO if not for the SVT or Mondeo this car wouldn't get any real interest whatsoever for modding other then a few poor high school kids with Grandmom's free Contour. As we all well know...kid's will try and mod just about anything. Body parts in general for the most part have been developed for the non-SVT guys since they are easily found and typically much cheaper. This gives them a chance to convert to the SVT look or some other custom version, you don't find too many SVT guys changing the body all that much.

All in all I'm glad CF1 is willing to make parts for our cars but if they want to do well they need to get online here and get real opinions before they build things that pretty much only we here on CEG will buy for the most part.

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew