Originally posted by Roadwarrior:
Originally posted by DopePope:
really? i hope hes serious. much better to try and fail then to never try at all because people tell you it can't be done.

besides what if he actually did get it to work?

I definately agree. I would much rather at least try to do something than just assume it cant be done. And if you do the research behind things alot of times its not as hard as people may have thought. Doing the all out custom thing is where hot rodding started back in the day.

This guy is talking about swapping motors from junk cars, not making a one-off supercar. I don't see any advantage to the extra cylinders. It would be exciting to put a V-8 in a 'tour, just to have a V-8, but what would be the point? For the same amount of money, and a lot less effort, you could do a turbo 3L. Put the same level of effort and polish Demon put into his car, and 500 crank hp is quite feasible. If you put a V-8 in there, you would never get FI on it, so you'd still be short on power. So yes, to be the only one would be cool, but go look in your engine bay and tell me any sane person would attempt it.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results