Tom, I understand what you are saying...correct me if I am wrong though....the cams is what mainly dictates how the powerband turns out. With that in mind, shouldn't a 13.4 CDW27 car be trapping ~105ish? a 'mere' 101 at 13.4 is a car with lots of torque and grip off the line and not much up top IMO.

As I've stated many times, I'm not discounting Greg, but my brain housing group just doesn't compute the time/mph factor.

Glad your back in the states and could leave the sandbox behind!
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by dutchie:
13.4 is a great time for a N/A contour. I would like to see that without nos though. You would have to have some good horsepower to the ground to get that time with the weight of that car. I manage low 13's in a 2300 lb car, with 265+ hp at the wheels, and posi trac. There was a guy in the probe club I was in who pulled off a 13.1. I think he had a built J-spec motor with a 75 shot of nos though. It was nice to see a probe beat a mustang 5.0, z28 and a few other older muscle cars.

All the turbo cars are slipping through 1st and 2nd gear.

I ran a I have now installed 235/45-17s and I expect to improve that time by dropping the boost. I should trap lower but my traction will be improved and I can probably pull better than a 13.8xx.

Demon stated that he used drag radials. I have no idea what his motor puts down but I would expect that without any power adder he is at or abou 225-230 wHP with his fully programmable TWEECER tuning capability. The weight of his car should be around 3000 pounds.

By comparison, I ran <a href="mailto:14.8x@96">13.8@109">13.8@109</a> on stock width 215/45-17 street tires that were old before I left for Iraq.
I have now installed 235/45-17s and I expect to improve that time by dropping the boost. I should trap lower but my traction will be improved and I can probably pull better than a 13.8xx.

Demon stated that he used drag radials. I have no idea what his motor puts down but I would expect that without any power adder he is at or abou 225-230 wHP with his fully programmable TWEECER tuning capability. The weight of his car should be around 3000 pounds.

By comparison, I ran <a href="mailto:14.8x@96
with 206 wHP and piss poor racing skills with my 3L conversion and stock 215/50 tires.
My car weight was estimated at 3200 pounds because of the stereo system and spare tire, laptop in the car.

Demon managed a 14.8x with his 2.5L and stock tires, about 190 wHP I imagine. His car should have been about 3050 then.
I cannot expect that he could have significantly more than 230 wHP, but I know he has a lot more midrange torque.

Still, to pull 1.5 seconds off his 1/4 mile time and trapp 102-103MPH is quite impressive for only another 40 wHP.
So if he does have some nitrous then it is a sleeper kit.

I'm sure when he dyno's we'll be able to see why his motor is so strong.

Ryan Trollin!