Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Maximas are lighter. Most years notably lighter.

got that right. Harold weighed his in at 2840 lbs in full street trim. And the drivetrain is extremely stronger than ours. He was still running stock axles after numerous track runs on slicks and putting down 538 whp, 603 wtq. Stock internals too.

But hes now sold it and is moving on too bigger and better things. Hes in the process of building a 1000 whp Lexus SC300.

I just have a question. How many people have actually straight up broke the stock axles in drag racing?

I know the stage 2 axles from driveshaftshop were breaking, but how many people went and sheared their stock axles before going out and buying stage 2 axles?

I want to know because most people I know just went and bought the stage 2 axles because they just assumed the stock axles suck. Turns out, I've heard less people talking about stock axle breakage than I have the stage 2.

Same thing with the hubs too.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black