Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by RogerB:
Originally posted by epattonm:
Do we have to get the Y-pipe? There was a post not too long ago saying that you could opt NOT to get the MSDS Y-pipe and save some money (for those of us with optimized y-pipes). If I remember correctly, this was if ordered directly from MSDS. Worth the question though.

You don't have to get the MSDS Y. If you opt out of it, you get $40 off your price.

But if you were to get it, I'm sure you could find someone to toss you the $40 and take it off your hands.

Definitely.. Or sell it for even more and make a profit.. But be aware that not using the MSDS y-pipe will I believe cause some warranty problems.. I'm pretty sure that you must use their y-pipe to keep your warranty..

Mark

Then why would they offer to sell the headers ala carte?

Originally posted by MSDS:
Warranty: One year/ to original purchaser (end user) to materials and workmanship, unless otherwise noted, such as Borla products 1,000,000 mile warranty.

Not Covered: Damage caused by use of "Header Wrap", lean burn caused by mixture conditions associated with nitrous oxide, misuse, bottoming out on pavement, discoloration of nickle plating, ceramic coating, paint, unfamiliarization of vehicles ecu to learn msds products (c-e-l or m-i-l light), labor, freight, rental car costs, refusal by your mechanic to install parts, voiding of your cars warranty, damage to engine / power train, any and all liability including bodily injury / property damage. Warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of parts only, at the discretion of msds. All freight claims for shortage / damage to shipments must be made by the consignee to the freight company within 72 hours of discovery. If you need a tracking number of your shipment, please contact us.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998