Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by RawBurt:

Quote:

RawBurt says to pull radio and remove the 4 screws under the radio--I don't have any to remove.

Yes you do! Look directly up from the cup holders, you'll see four screws in each corner. If you are saying that they are missing, then that hole piece is only being held on by the clips so it'll just yank off! Just look directly up from the cup holders and let me know what you see. If you need anything else, or pics let me know and i'll be able to take them later on today.

I thought you meant you'd see screws once the HU was out. I did see the 4 screws above the cupholders. I was getting ticked off last night so I stopped before removing them. Once they are out, just pull the panel off? Where are the clips so I'll know where to look for them? BTW, thanks to all. I guess I'm just more cautious than my younger counterparts.

You'll probably have to remove the screw on the passenger side of the center console and nudge it out of the way to get to the one screw out. Once those are out, just gently pull on the top of the hvac/radio bezel. The clips are along the top, right above the hvac.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com