Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 48 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
#1188611 04/13/05 03:08 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Got another different question for everyone.

I bought just the HVAC panel and not the gauges because I had them already.

The power inverter that came with my glow gauges has 4 connectors on it, 2 are being used for the gauges and now 1 for the HVAC. I've always had problems with the inverter flicking and not working randomly or takes a while to "warm up" almost.

I got the new one from the HVAC and was thinking about using that one instead. But I noticed it is alot smaller in size than my current inverter.

Just wondering if this thing is powerful enough to run all them or if I need a larger one for that?

I don't know if everyone got the same inverter as I did or each got different ones depending on your order. Thats why I asked, otherwise I would of just went ahead and changed it.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
#1188612 04/13/05 03:37 AM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
RawBurt or anyone else who has installed theirs......

The tab on my temp gauge lays right over the tach and the tab on the gas gauge lays left over the speedo. The instructions say to not bend the tabs but I don't see any other way to do it. I'm thinking to bend the tabs on the temp and gas gauges to go under the tach and speedo. I sure could use some help with this. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the HVAC panel apart. RawBurt says to pull radio and remove the 4 screws under the radio--I don't have any to remove.

RawBurt, I appreciate your how-to but perhaps someone could be a little clearer and please have some pictures. TIA

Last edited by wa2tuff; 04/13/05 03:39 AM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
#1188613 04/13/05 03:47 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

The tab on my temp gauge lays right over the tach and the tab on the gas gauge lays left over the speedo. The instructions say to not bend the tabs but I don't see any other way to do it. I'm thinking to bend the tabs on the temp and gas gauges to go under the tach and speedo. I sure could use some help with this. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the HVAC panel apart. RawBurt says to pull radio and remove the 4 screws under the radio--I don't have any to remove.

RawBurt, I appreciate your how-to but perhaps someone could be a little clearer and please have some pictures. TIA

On my gauges I actually slightly bent 1 or 2 of the connectors, not a lot but just enough. It DOES cause the gauge face to bow up a little bit, but mine have been n since saturday and have givin me no problems. I suggest if you must bend them, not to make it an extreme bend, and dont bend them back and forth. thats def. not a good thing!

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
#1188614 04/13/05 04:13 AM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by posthuman63t:

On my gauges I actually slightly bent 1 or 2 of the connectors, not a lot but just enough. It DOES cause the gauge face to bow up a little bit, but mine have been n since saturday and have givin me no problems. I suggest if you must bend them, not to make it an extreme bend, and dont bend them back and forth. thats def. not a good thing!

Did you bend the ones I was talking about? The temp gauge and the gas gauge? Any thoughts on the HVAC? I'm about ready to take a hammer to it.

Last edited by wa2tuff; 04/13/05 04:16 AM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
#1188615 04/13/05 04:16 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

Did you bend the ones I was talking about? The temp gauge and the gas gauge?

Hard to remember, I know i bent the gas one cuz it was in the way, I cant be 100% about the other though, not without ripping it all back apart. But It might be, lke i said, just make sure if you do bend them, dont make any extreme bends, and the gauges will tend to bow up a little. As long as they look good and your needles have clearence, you should be fine.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
#1188616 04/13/05 12:21 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Tom, You can bend these overlays just not to the point where you are putting a crease in them. The two gauges you speak of are kind of tricky. For the temp, what i did was put that little tab that lays on the tach pointing down. Put it in between the temp gauge and tach and just kind of bend it on over. If it's held securely between the two like that you'll be fine. Same goes for the other one, These gauges were kind of designed poorly on where the little tabs come off of them... You need to improvise with some of them. The HVAC is the simplest one. Take that little tool that came with your HU to remove it and slide it one the sides and yank. I dont even need that tool, I slide it out from the back through the little holes underneath it. Anyway pull that completly out.
Quote:

RawBurt says to pull radio and remove the 4 screws under the radio--I don't have any to remove.

Yes you do! Look directly up from the cup holders, you'll see four screws in each corner. If you are saying that they are missing, then that hole piece is only being held on by the clips so it'll just yank off! Just look directly up from the cup holders and let me know what you see. If you need anything else, or pics let me know and i'll be able to take them later on today.

#1188617 04/13/05 01:07 PM
J
Jason43 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

Did you bend the ones I was talking about? The temp gauge and the gas gauge? Any thoughts on the HVAC? I'm about ready to take a hammer to it.

The tack and speedo have a little bit of room under them where the tabs from the other gauges lay. I had to bend mine down just enough to fit under the face of the gauge. I didnt go crazy and bend a 90 degree angle.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
#1188618 04/13/05 01:53 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by RawBurt:

Quote:

RawBurt says to pull radio and remove the 4 screws under the radio--I don't have any to remove.

Yes you do! Look directly up from the cup holders, you'll see four screws in each corner. If you are saying that they are missing, then that hole piece is only being held on by the clips so it'll just yank off! Just look directly up from the cup holders and let me know what you see. If you need anything else, or pics let me know and i'll be able to take them later on today.

I thought you meant you'd see screws once the HU was out. I did see the 4 screws above the cupholders. I was getting ticked off last night so I stopped before removing them. Once they are out, just pull the panel off? Where are the clips so I'll know where to look for them? BTW, thanks to all. I guess I'm just more cautious than my younger counterparts.

#1188619 04/13/05 02:01 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Jason43:

The tack and speedo have a little bit of room under them where the tabs from the other gauges lay. I had to bend mine down just enough to fit under the face of the gauge. . I didnt go crazy and bend a 90 degree angle.

Is the tab bent under the gauge housing or between the original gauge and the overlay?

#1188620 04/13/05 02:27 PM
J
Jason43 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Under the clear plastic backing of the original face.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
Page 44 of 48 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard