Tom, You can bend these overlays just not to the point where you are putting a crease in them. The two gauges you speak of are kind of tricky. For the temp, what i did was put that little tab that lays on the tach pointing down. Put it in between the temp gauge and tach and just kind of bend it on over. If it's held securely between the two like that you'll be fine. Same goes for the other one, These gauges were kind of designed poorly on where the little tabs come off of them... You need to improvise with some of them. The HVAC is the simplest one. Take that little tool that came with your HU to remove it and slide it one the sides and yank. I dont even need that tool, I slide it out from the back through the little holes underneath it. Anyway pull that completly out.
Quote:

RawBurt says to pull radio and remove the 4 screws under the radio--I don't have any to remove.

Yes you do! Look directly up from the cup holders, you'll see four screws in each corner. If you are saying that they are missing, then that hole piece is only being held on by the clips so it'll just yank off! Just look directly up from the cup holders and let me know what you see. If you need anything else, or pics let me know and i'll be able to take them later on today.