Originally posted by RawBurt:
Originally posted by mygameisplatnum:
i just spoke w/ the co. and asked about switching the order from the 2 color to the 6-color inverter and being able to control all 3 parts w/ the 6 color inverter. I was right, you need 2 y-splitters and thats really all you need. My total came to around $130 for everything.

Now all 3 parts will match and b able to change to 6 colors

I'm not exactly sure what y-splitters are. Can i just cut the little box part off of the headlight and HVAC and then splice those into the gauges? I do not see why that wouldnt work?

Y=splitters basically makes one plug turn into 2 plugs or 2 plugs into 1 plug...however you look at it. the way this works is you have 4 inlets to the inverter..but if you have 2 y-splitters, you then can wire up 6 i.e. the 4 gauges + 1 HVAC + 1 HL = 6.

Im not really sure bud...I persoanlly wouldnt mess w/ cutting. If you want you can just call them and order some y-splitters. I don't know how much they cost. The girl said she'd just throw 2 in for me. If you mention you just bought them through this buy-in she might give you a deal. I dont see them being anymore than $5 each. This would allow you to controll all 3 parts which is sweet...for $10 more I think its worth it. Thats why i spent $15 more for the 6-color inverter + 2 y-splitters. I figured hell Im already spendin over $100, might as well do it up right.

Last edited by mygameisplatnum; 04/11/05 05:59 PM.

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)