Originally posted by 99contourdriver:
Originally posted by BURNTU2:
Originally posted by HoustonBullitt:
Also, how hard are these to install?

Not hard at all. I took my cluster out in 15 minutes. The hardest part might be slipping the gauges over the needles, if thats even possible. Hopefully we don't have to remove speedo and tach needles to do this.

When I did mine for my Zetec from procarparts.com, It was pretty easy. I just slid mine around the needle (very carefully) and the rest was cake..now I would assume it would be the same for these. The only prob I had was the first time I glued them on, I had a couple of small raised spots on the speedo guage and the needle kept sticking, took it back apart, re-glued, haven't had a prob since.

With the SVT gauges you have to remove the needles...they "WILL NOT" slip over them. Then the fun begins getting them correct again. If you look at the needle on the SVT speedo and tach they have a small tail on the back side of the needle. Plus the round part of the needle is bigger then the hole and even if you didn't have the little tail it still will not fit through the hole on the overlays. There are a bunch of old post about this and the different way people went about getting the needles back in the correct place. You can also go to a dealer and have them re-calibrate your tach and speedo if you like for about $60+/-

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew