Originally posted by hmouta:
sorry i'm jumping in on this late. i got some questions and input too.

i ordered indiglos from sr like 2 years ago but they didnt fit when i tried to install them. the quality is good but their design was bad. i'd be willing to donate them back to s/r but they MUST change the wiring placement and make them 2 main gauges instead of 4 (i'll explain)

all they would have to do is copy the indiglos they've already made in the past.

lemme explain something. the indiglos that everyone already has was made as 2 main gauges, meaning the tach and temp gauges was made as one indiglo gauge with one wiring output to the transformer. and the same goes for the speedo and fuel gauge. s/r made each of these an individual gauge meaning that one transformer will power all 4 and you wont have room to plug in the hvac and the headlight (pls dont start that this is the wrong way to do it, we've all heard the arguments). anyway, s/r placed the wiring for the gauges in the wrong spots. when i contacted them, they swore their gauges get tested and installed before actually selling them and shipping them. i say bs. they wiring would jut out from one gauge into the space of the neighboring gauge not allowing the neighboring gauge overlay to sit flat. there was no way in hell that the gauges were going to be installed properly. (i'm far from stupid; i knew exactly what i was doing and can easily tell that a cirle wont fit in a square opening) they wouldnt refund my money either. they've sat in my bedroom since then. i was lucky enough to get in on one of cardoc's gb. his gauges were made correctly as 2 main gauges with the wiring connection at the towards the bottom right and left of the tach and speedo, respectively. i just took a pic to show u guys. can someone host it on here.

if they make them this same way (if they havent smartened up) u guys r gonna need to run at least 2 transformers: one for the 4 main gauges and one for the hvac and headlight with 2 open plugs on the 2nd transformer. if they make the 4 main gauges as 2 gauges as i described, then u guys can run one transformer. i have the 4th plug open on my transformer and i've been waiting to use it for the headlight switch.

that said, i'm interested in the headlight switch. i clicked on the link and it had only the hl/hvac set and that i'd need to start a new production for either item. is this correct. the spots where cardocs hvac and main gauges have the wiring are perfect. i took a pic of my spare hl switch pointing to where the wire should be attached, but basically to the right of the overlay and centered. the hl switch side is flat there so the wire should be easy to bend back for installation.

i wouldnt mind trading the 4 s/r main gauges for a headlight gauge if sr can use the gauges to improve them. should be easier for them than making a template off the gauge cluster. they didnt want to listen to me the first time around. also i have an extra headlight switch that i bought just for this very purpose, if its still needed.

and i also have the hard copy install directions for the indiglos that were originally on fco. i dont know if they are still on there. they actually show a great pic of the speedo/fuel indiglo gauge and what s/r "should" make it like and where to place the wiring connection.

also the white "dummy" overlays are a bit too much. they did come with my lights and i only used them for the left/right turnsignal at the top. i think they look understated this way. plus the traction control overlay has a typo and the abs & oil lights were put in the wrong place. they have to be swapped on the overlay. another reason to not use the dummy overlays.

i'd be more than willing to scan the install instructions. i can likely put them up in my webshots acct which is in my sig

Can someone contact SR to find out if they have corrected this problem w/ the wiring, transformers, etc.?!?

No one wants to spend over $100 on all this if its going to be a problem and not work properly.

Also the pics HMOUTA took could add to the effectiveness of SR fixing the problem. Someone needs to act fast as they sent me an e-mail yesturday and said the set will start production tomarrow (today)

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)