Quote:
Originally posted by Cohiba:
Hey guys... I was reading through some of the threads on here about nitrous, and thought maybe some of you would be interested in seeing how I put a Zex kit on my SHO.

It was VERY simple... only 4 hours start to finish. There are pictures of the setup on my website (http://users.superford.org/cohiba/) for your viewing pleasure.

I got it from Harley Nace Motorsports for a pretty good price. At first I was a little worried because of all the horror stories we hear about nitrous use, so I just put the 55HP jets on. Well... I've been through a whole bottle now with the 75HP jets, and everything seems to be great (plugs looks good, no obvious problems....) so I'm thinking about jumping up to a 100HP shot. BTW, I have a LPM specifically programmed for nitrous use... and a 190lph fuel pump... just to be safe.

Anyway... I was thinking that maybe some of the Contour owners would be interested in knowing that this kit should work pretty good on their vehicles also. $500 - 75HP - 4 Hours... kinda hard to find performance upgrades with those kind of numbers... I just wanted to dispell the myths that nitrous is going to blow up your engine. Zex makes a great kit, that is super safe, and with a conservative shot, and proper preparations, I would expect that any Contour could take at least a 75 shot safely... I plan on going as high as 125 on my SHO, as long as the plugs keep telling me that everything is cool... something to think about.
Any word yet on the ol' shoforum?

Spring of 2003 - Zing in Michigan, Break in Mexico

AOL IM - cutlerryan
MSN IM - ryancutler@hotmail.com

My Mods, Cars, and Other Crap