Originally posted by ssmumich00:
so far it looks to have been the battery, I had it replaced under warranty by optima. . .maybe the last optima was over cycled because the last alternator sucked and killed it? Hard to believe that a crappy ford alternator can kill a yellow top deep cycler in about 1-2 months, but who knows.

As for now, no more light dimming, even at idle. . . .I do notice my Voltage reading starting in the morning at 14.1V and dropping to 13.2-13.4 as drive around during the day. . .at a light, however, if I have EVERYTHING running in the evening with my headlights on, it'll dip to 12.8V. But the minute I accelerate, the voltage reading goes back up to 13.2V. What is the lowest threshold we have to worry and start wondering if the alternator is going?

I had the same problem with the stock alternator and also with the HO one, but not as bad. My battery is about a year old. I've got an opportunity to pick up an Optima yellow top at Carlisle this weekend. I take it from your post that you would recommend doing this? Is your dimming pretty much gone?

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics